Arc 4: Chapter 67

The day after Elenor arrived in Vaidia. Lloyd, Rosina and Isabella soon arrived a day or two later. Except Lloyd, the rest stayed in the same building. Lloyd stayed in the royal palace as he was a royal blood himself.

Elenor was having her breakfast inside her room. Isabella was busy trying to get closer to her brother who was dense to her advances and Rosina was taken away by Lloyd the first thing in the morning.

"...I only have you Alec." she muttered as he poured her tea.

An ominous smile fell on Alec's face as he heard her. He took a step back after refilling her teacup.

"Of course. I will never leave you."

She chuckled at his answer unbeknownst to the hidden message behind his answer. Placing her utensils down, she turned to look out of the window. The tree outside her room was slowly losing its leaves as time flew.

She glanced over at Alec whose eyes never left her. Shyly looking down at her cup, she asked him a question.

"Want to go out today?"

"With your brother? Understood, I will invite him now." Alec turned and was about to head out to find her brother.

Alarmed, Elenor's eyes widened and hurriedly stood up from her seat. She grabbed onto his coat, trying her best to stop him from going.

"No! I mean the two of us only.."

Alec raised an eyebrow, "Only the two of us?"

She meekly nodded, gripping on his coat still. Alec kept quiet for some time before humming in reply,

"Yes it is dangerous for you to go alone especially in a kingdom you aren't familiar with."

Elenor gritted her teeth and glared at him. "Stop teasing me and just agree!"

An amused smile was plastered on Alec's face as he looked down at her whose face was flushed. A light chuckle slipped out of his lips as he nodded, playing with her hair in his hand.

"Alright. Shall we head out now?"

When he finally stopped teasing her, she heaved a sigh of relief and nodded. Alec left to get a carriage for them to head out to the capital in Vaidia.

They immediately left once Alec was able to get a carriage for them. It didn't take long for them to reach the capital. If Elenor had to say one thing that was different from Elaelind and Vaidia, it would be their food and various skin tones.

In Vaidia there were more skin tones that sided more to the tanner side while Elaelind rarely had those. The food however,

Walking through the streets where stalls were selling different types of food. Her stomach growled loudly as all the types of delicacies around her wafted such a nice scent. What's even better was when she first saw the type of food they sold was similar to asian street food.

To be more specific, korean street food. Her mouth drooled at the sight of melted sugar being pressed into different types of shapes. She tugged on Alec's arm excitedly, dragging him towards that stall.

"Two please!"

The seller smiled brightly and nodded, "Young lady do you know how to play the game with this food?"

Elenor nodded proudly, "Of course! You have to try cutting the shape out without cracking it and once you do, you can get a free one right?"

The seller laughed cheerilly, "My, you do know, alright best of luck to you and the young man with you!"