Arc 4: Chapter 83

Judas processed Elenor's words before answering, "...What do you mean? Slavery trading? Wasn't it...banned?"

Elenor didn't say anything, allowing Judas to mull over her words. His face paled, stumbling on his feet before gripping on the railing tightly, his other hand resting on his forehead.

"...I thought we got rid of everything already.." he muttered to himself.

Hearing his words, Elenor was finally reassured that he wasn't involved with Hera. His reactions couldn't be faked.

He looked at Elenor with conflicted eyes, "..What do you mean involved with Hera? Please tell me everything, I need to know."

Elenor gripping her forearm tightly before relaxing it, "There was an illegal slavery trading that had been going on still, behind the scenes. Your sister, her highness is most likely involved in it. That man beside her was at the auction."

"...There's no way..she would do these things." Judas reasoned but Elenor spoke again,

"Then do you know how she gets so many men? Ranging from commoners to nobles." she questioned.

Judas didn't respond back, Elenor knew what she had just said was something he couldn't retort back because he had the same guess and answer as her.

"Prince Judas, what will you do now?"

"Pardon?"

"What will you do now that you have some suspicion on your sister, will you pretend like you knew nothing or," she paused her words, side glancing at him who had a stiff expression,

"Would you rather join hands with Lloyd and I in putting a stop to this?"

Judas kept silent, unable to look at her in the eye, resorting to keeping his eyes up at the night sky which twinkled brightly above them.

Elenor said nothing else as she knew she had said enough. She pushed herself away from the balcony railing and turned her body to him, facing him directly this time.

"Shall we head back to the party?" she asked before making her way back inside the party without waiting for his answer.

Judas watched as her figure was about to disappear when he abruptly opened his mouth, "Lady Elenor I-"

She stopped her footsteps and turned back at him. The wind suddenly blew harshly on them. Elenor's dress fluttered as she awaited for what he wanted to say.

He closed his eyes shut tightly for a mere second before opening them, his gaze sharp, different from his usual soft gaze.

"..Actually I love my younger sister dearly, she meant a lot to me ever since we were little." Judas began, his eyes returning back up to the night sky.

Elenor wasn't expecting him to suddenly speak about his past but nonetheless said nothing and quietly listen to him speak.

"She was always hard to see as she was never allowed to leave her room. However, I would always try my best to see her even if it meant being punished after that," he paused, staying quiet for a moment as if he was reliving those memories in his head.

He opened his mouth to say more but halted and slowly closed his mouth. He heaved a small sigh and shook his head.

Elenor walked closer but stopped mere feet away. Judas never once looked away from the sky as he spoke.

"...Do you still love your sister?" Elenor quietly asked.

When he heard her question, he smiled, finally bringing his gaze away from the sky and down on to her. "I do but as the crown prince, I must do my duties."