Happy

Aizawa sat in silence, almost wrecked by the kindness and unconditional love he had received within the past two weeks.

"Does it really work that way? Giving so much that it comes back to you?" He asked.

"Yes, Shota." She laced her fingers with his.

"What do I do now?"

Emi giggled, "Enjoy it, Shota. Take joy in it."

Shota smiled big and tried hiding it with his hands. He did what he was led to do his whole life, he became a hero to help people, became a teacher to raise up younger generations and was apparently a father to all of them too.

Shota never believed that giving so much would have a reward, he never expected anything in return. He did what he believed was right even when he was miserable and somehow, it was seen.

Emi took his hands from his face, since his defenses were down he looked away. He wasn't used to expressing positive emotions to anyone but his daughter because Piper made him truly happy. Was he really allowed to be happy with Emi too?

"Let me see that smile." Emi demanded.

"No." He shook his head.

"Don't make me use my quirk." She threatened.

"Don't make me use mine." He threatened back.

"Please?" She asked nicely.

"I look stupid." He said insecurely.

"You look happy when you smile. Its real, you don't fake it because you don't know how to."

"How do you know all of this?"

"Please, Im the queen of laughter, I know these things."

"That's what Im afraid of."

"Eraser head? Afraid of a smile crossing his gorgeous face? I don't believe it." Emi joked until a thought came into her head. "Or are you afraid to show how happy you are?"

Aizawa sat up straight and gave her an honest look, "No, Im afraid that I can't hide from you. You know me too well and you know when I'm truly happy."

"Is that such a bad thing?" She asked.

"...No. I guess not." His gaze softened and the corners of his mouth lifted.

They left the theater and walked back to his apartment, both of them not wanting the night to end so soon. "How long will you be in Tokyo?" He asked.

"Why? Will you miss me?" Emi asked. Aizawa couldn't escape the smile that plastered itself on his face.

"...Maybe." He looked down at the ground.

"Awww, look at that. Shota can grin." She poked his cheek making him blush. "I have a couple of cases to wrap up when I go back, then I'm back in Tokyo for good, Im here till sunday too. You'll see more of me before I leave, don't fret."

"You're coming back to work in Tokyo?" He asked happily.

"Yeah, just in time for your court date too." She said as they faced each other. "Ill be there for you, Shota."

"That means a lot to me, Emi."

"I know." She kissed his cheek. "Do we really want to end our date this soon?"  She asked.

"Honestly, I don't want to end it just yet." His arm looped around her tight.

"Any ideas?" She asked.

Aizawa thought a moment and remembered that Piper suggested the beach if they weren't tired enough to go home.

"Its a warm night. How about a walk on the beach?"he suggested.