You were my friend

It was after hours and Ellie and Piper were the only ones left up, "How do you cope with your Dad being a hero?" Piper asked. The two girls were sitting outside on the steps to cure Ellie's longing to look at the night sky.

"I didn't for a while. It took a lot of sacrifice and patience to deal with being All Mights daughter. When I got kidnapped though, I kind of gained some perspective."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I was finally on the other side of the coin as the victim and I hated it. Of course I knew that Dads job was important but...it didn't really hit me until I was in danger, how much he goes through just to save one life."

"Interesting." Piper said looking up at the stars in the sky. "I don't understand what my Dad is keeping from me, I don't know why he's keeping secrets from me. It's like he doesn't want to be around me anymore."

"No, that's not true. Aizawa loves you to death and he loves to be around you...I've seen it on his face. I've only seen Mr. Aizawa smile twice since I've known him and it doesn't compare to how he smiles at you. You're his joy."

"I'm glad you told me that." She leaned back on the steps. "It's just not as easy as I thought it would be."

"Welcome to the hero's relatives club."

"Haha! How many are we?" She asked.

"Four." She said "Me, you, Shoto and Iida."

"Wait...Iida has a hero relative?"

"Yeah, his brother is Ingenium. He was almost killed by the Hero Killer, Stain. That was a couple of years ago. He decided to take his brothers suit and name in his honor."

"Wow, I didn't know any of that. How is he taking it?" Piper asked.

"I wasn't there for any of that but I'd expect he took it pretty hard when he heard about it."

"He's not talking to me anymore and he won't let me see why?"

"You're using your sight?"

"Yeah, he won't tell me what's going on." She crossed her arms unhappily.

"He's probably intimidated by you. I mean, you can see everything. The poor guy probably can't keep a secret around you."

"Actually he can keep a secret. I only see what people let me see, which is mostly everything since no one gives a second thought to what their body is telling me."

"So, he's hiding all of that from you?" Ellie asked.

"Yeah, I don't know why. He was the first friend I've ever made here and now he doesn't want anything to do with me."

"Have you asked him what is bothering him?"

"Not exactly."

"What did you two do before this happened?" Ellie asked her, wanting to piece everything together.

"We hung out. I felt bad for All Might over working him in class because of me and so I bought him a drink, then we hung out on the beach." Piper shrugged. Ellie almost smiled, now that she thought about it, Iida had never been seen with a girl before. He's never had a girlfriend, "I'm sure everything will work itself out." Ellie said to her.

When they decided to go to bed, Iida was there doing his rounds making sure everyone was accounted for and in their dorm rooms. Ellie slipped past him unnoticed but Piper stood frozen in her tracks, "Piper, what are you doing out?"

"I was just-"

"Get to bed, stop fooling around. Honestly, I can't chase you around like a child." He said looking stressed. Piper looked at him surprised at his harsh words, her eyes shining with tears.