Angel With A Shotgun

"No, Iida. Bend you knees like this." Piper said showing him how to skate.

"Okay, I think I got it." He said shakily standing up in his skates. He stumbled a bit but gained his balance again. The others were either playing video games or roller skating on the rink. Iida on the other hand was hugging the guard wall.

"Okay, this is how Im going to teach you. Place your hand on the guard wall only when you need it. The more comfortable you are, the further we go into the rink."

"Okay." He replied doubtedly. He took her hand and steadied himself on his skates. For a good five minutes he was skating without falling.

"I think its time to move in, Iida."

"Uhhh...you sure?"

"Yeah. Come on, Ill help you when you need me."

Iida gripped her hand tightly, not wanting to slip. When Iida was young he wasn't the type of child to play basketball or have adventures at the arcade. He was from a rich family and his childhood consisted of yacht parties and trips abroad. This was tbe first tine he did anything remotely normal in a long time.

"There you go, you got to get into the rhythm of it." 

"I think Im getting it." He said. Piper smiled proudly at him and let go of his hand.

"Piper, no I need you."

"No you don't just follow me. You're doing great."

"Piper, Im serious."

"Iida, focus. Keep your eyes on me and just follow." She reassured him.

Iida sighed and did what she said, after fifteen minutes he finally got the hang of it. "See, you're a natural." 

"All thanks to you." He smiled.

A song came on the speakers and Piper immediately got excited, "Ill be right back." She took off into the center of the rink and started freestyle skating.

"If its my party everybody is invited, this ain't a clique or an in crowd. Aint nobody getting left out..."

"Piper, wait-" Iida was stopped dead in his tracks when he saw her move. She spun, and skated around the rink, dancing to the song. Ellie saw her and approached her, "Let me show you how the dancing queen does it." She challenged.

"Oh, bring it Light Bright." She joked.

Ellie started to skate with her, both of them having a friendly battle on the floor. Shoto came over to Iida and took a break on the wall.

"Your girl leave you stranded too?"

"Yeah, Piper and Ellie seem to be getting close though."

"Yeah, they bonded pretty strong a couple nights ago. If you think about it, they're practically family. Their fathers are best friends." He shrugged.

"Yeah, I didn't know she was a pro on the skates."

"Yeah, Piper has many hidden talents it seems." Shoto replied.

"That's why I like her." Iida watched on as Piper and Ellie finished their little show. She came back to Iida who was done on the rink for the moment.

"You must be thirsty from all that dancing." Iida said noticing her breath.

"Yeah. Sorry I left you back there. I couldn't help myself."  

"Don't be, I was pleasantly surprised." Iida and Piper got in line to buy something to drink.

"Thanks. My old friends and I used to go to the roller rink when I was eight."

"So, coming here is nostalgic for you."

"Yeah, I guess it is."

Iida paid for two bottles of water and sat down at a table, "I like that you're into more of the retro than the modern things."

"You can thank my Dad for that. He raised me on his records and guitar. He taught me how to play."

"He raised you right."

"Oh, I know." She chuckled. "He's really stressing about the whole moving thing, he wont let me help either. There must be something I can do."

"You really do love your Dad, don't you?" He asked.

"The man basically raised me, of course I love him."

"I think I have an idea of how you can help...how we all can help Mr. Aizawa."

"Im listening."

Iida leaned in and whispered in her ear, "What do you think?"

"I love it. Lets do it." She said excitedly. "Thanks, Tenya."

"Its nothing. He's done alot for the class too. He deserves it."

"Yeah he does. He's a saint."

"Haha more like an angel with a shot gun." He laughed.

"Just don't tell anyone he's such a softie. It'll bring down his tough guy status." She joked.

Iida laughed and held her hand across the table, "Next time, Ill take you on a real date. One without our classmates."

"Sounds good."

"I don't know about you, but Im getting tired. You want to beat the others home?" He asked.

"Yeah, I want to fit in some cuddle time with you."

Iida chuckled at her reply and they turned in their skates and left the arcade, "Want another ride?" He asked hunching over.

"No, your feet need to heal. Lets just walk."

Iida took her arm and they walked back to the school. It was nice to know that Piper thought of him just as much as he thought of her. She knew that he was rich but didn't make any demands on buying her anything. She could've easily gotten a ride on his engine powered legs but considered his sore legs and feet. His fingers laced with hers as they walked back by themselves.

"Piper?" He spoke up, staring at how the Tokyo lights reflected off of her jet black hair.

"Yes?"

"You're the sweetest person I've ever met." He confessed.

"Thank you." She blushed.

"I mean it. You take care of me when I don't even ask."

"Well, isn't that what girlfriends and boyfriends do for each other?"

"I wouldn't know. You're my first girlfriend."

"How am I doing?" She asked.

"You're doing a perfect job." He laughed, bringing her close to his side as they walked. They reached the school and they both retired on the couch, cuddling as they watched tv. Piper had fallen fast asleep and Iida was left holding her in his arms and searching for something on his phone.

"Oh, yes. Shes going to freak out over this." He smiled.