Holding on.

Piper went to work on her room, she opened the two suitcases that had all of her decor and bedding from her old room and started pinning her band posters on the walls. She put the sheets on the bed, the cases on the pillows and draped her marble black and gold comforter on her bed. She put all of her vintage records up onto her wall next to her bed and made a wall of her favorite pictures and quotes over her desk. She placed her laptop and notebooks on her desk, along with her school books that were given to her. She placed her guitar on her wall towards the edge of her bed.

The theme from her old room was black and gold, she loved the color combination and it never seemed to get bored of it. She hung up her clothes in her closet and laid her uniform on her nightstand for the next day. She took a moment to admire her work and she rushed out of her room in excitement, "Tenya!" She called out to him. He was startled hearing her voice pierce the silence.

"What is it?"

"Come and see it. I finished my room." She said excitedly. Tenya closed his book and sat up.

"I really shouldn't." He hesitated.

"You can stand outside, I want to show someone." She she almost pouted. Tenya stood up and followed her to her room to see what she did with it. He looked at it and didn't realize he entered her room. He was interested in everything, "This is pretty fascinating. You must love music."

"Love it? I'm married to it." She joked. Tenya smiled at her joke and noticed her guitar, "oh, wow.Do you play?" He asked.

"Yeah, want to see?"

"Of course, I'd love to hear you play if that's okay. I've never met anyone who can play guitar." He said.

"Yeah I can play something for you..." she took down the acoustic guitar and tuned it for a moment. She sat down on her bed and started to play, "There's a traitor in our midst
We're all orphans of the storm
Safely stranded here together
Some have died but some were born." Her voice was haunting yet full of angst and conviction. Tenya could feel the words pumping his heart with inspiration.

"And everyone does their best
And you take what you get
But when the Limited airmail came it surprised me with
A picture postcard of a mourning dove
When I looked at the back it said: Dave,
Holding on, it's gonna take some time
But I will love you through the horror and lies
Arm in arm through the darkest night
I will love you, and eternity's mine."

She strummed the guitar as if it were no hard feat and moved to the rhythm of the song. Her voice was soothing in away that showed intense emotion but relaxing to hear, like letting out negative emotions after such a long time so it didn't consume you.

"But you just don't quit
Carry me, carry me
No you just don't quit
So every morning, every day
When I don't feel the sunshine this will be me
Holding on, it's gonna take some time
But I will love you through the horror and lies
Arm in arm though the darkest nights
I'll be near you and eternity's mine!" She sang out with force while her song came to a close, intensely strumming the strings. She ended the song and looked up at him.

"That's beautiful, did you write that?"

"No, I'm not that good. That was a song I fell in love with at my very first concert. Dad took me and they started playing it and I just remember sitting on my Dads shoulders watching in awe while they played. The lead singer actually looked at me and gave me a high five. It's my favorite memory."

"I can see, you sang it with so much passion. You were like in your own world there." He observed.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I must have looked silly."

"No, no, I can tell that you love singing so much. You look right at home playing your guitar. It's amazing to see." He confessed. Piper smiled and blushed hearing his kind words. It was nice to know that her passion was appreciated.

"Do you have a passion, Iida?" She asked.

"Helping people, that's why I'm here. Don't you like helping people?" He asked. Piper nodded.

"Yeah, I do. I only fear that I'll only be a sidekick to someone or an accessory to the police to help them solve crimes. I'm not a skilled fighter or have super strength. I just have eyes that see everything."

"I don't see your quirk the way you do. I think you'd be a great hero."

"How so?"

"Sure, learning a fighting style is important for any hero but you can spot a crime before it happens. No one here can do that." He said. "Have a little faith in your quirk, it may surprise you."

"Thank you, Iida."

"Are you feeling any better from earlier?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay right now."

"Good." He checked his watch. "Oh, Curfew. Goodnight, Piper."

"Night."

Tenya left her room and into his, laying on his bed and slowly falling asleep.
Piper stayed up, strumming her guitar for what seemed like hours until her eyes fell heavy. She put her instrument away and soaked in a bath while her phone played some music for her to relax to. Maybe Tenya wasn't as uptight as she thought, or maybe he was only like that when he was at school. Regardless, she wanted to know more about him and break that rule follower exterior, it looked like he needed some fun in his life anyway.
When she got out of the bathroom and dressed for bed, she received a call from her Dad, "Hello." She said in a cold voice.

"I know you're mad at me, Piper. I hope you can understand when I am able to speak to you about it."

"I just wish you could tell me now. Stop walking on eggshells for me dad."

"You say that but you'll get really heated when I tell you stuff you don't want to hear." He added.

"Whatever. I just don't like being taken by surprise like this. I wish you would've told me sooner about me staying here. I feel like I've been daughter dumped."

Aizawa chuckled over the phone, "I could never do that to you, little Pip. You're my child, I told you I'd never leave you."

"I know, but what is so bad that you won't tell me?" She asked. "We used to tell each other everything."

"It's nothing bad sweetheart. It's just an awkward situation right now...do you trust me Pip?"

"...Yeah. I just thought we'd be able to live together finally like a family."

"We will, soon. Maybe by that time, you'll want to stay with your new friends. Then it'll be my turn to feel Dad dumped." He joked.

"Don't say that." She smiled.

"I love you Pip."

"I love you too, Daddy."

They said their Goodnight s and she plopped on her bed, not being able to help the tears running down her face.

Okay, I have a problem and I need you all to come to my rescue. I was thinking about having Eri in the story as Aizawas big secret from Piper. I've seen some really cute artwork of Eri and Aizawa as father n daughter but I don't want to clutter up the story by adding another character so what do you guys think. Let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading, I appreciate you so much.