Evidence

Iida was walking back to the dorms with a few bags of presents for Piper for the day and he spotted her and Bakugo leaving.

"Hey, Piper. What's going on?" He asked. Bakugo took Tenyas bags and dropped them at the steps leading to the dorms and looked into his eyes, "Eri is in trouble and we need to get to the courthouse."

Iida had a lot of questions but followed them anyways. After a few minutes of crossing the street and heading down the street, Iida started asking his burning questions, "How do we know that Eri is in trouble?"

"You'll think I'm crazy if I tell you." Piper told him as they walked.

"I will not, Tell me Piper. Please." He pleaded.

"I have intense dreams sometimes and they always come true. I had a dream that Overhaul won Eri's case because he made a deal with his lawyer."

"Wait...how could that happen? She doesn't have any guardians except him."

"Exactly. So who do you think he is providing as guardians?" Bakugo growled. "We also never mentioned Overhaul to her, I'd listen to her."

They reached the courthouse and climbed the steps, "Do you know where he could be?" Iida asked.

"It was a private room, it was too small to be a courtroom."

"Maybe a conference room?" Bakugo suggested. Piper held her hand up and used her sight to scan the inside of the building. She looked around frantically as her sight twisted and turned in the maze of halls and rooms.

"He's not here." She sighed angrily as her nose started to bleed. Iida offered her a tissue before Piper spotted the man walking up the steps, "There his."

"What do we do?" Bakugo asked.

"We have to follow him and record the conversation on my phone."

"You and Bakugo go ahead inside, I'll stay here and see if he has anyone whose come along with him."

"Okay." Piper kissed his cheek. "Be safe." Her and Baku left and followed Overhaul into the courthouse. He was heading into a private room, secluded by the crowd around him. He looked around before opening the door, feeling as if someone had been following him.

Bakugo pushed himself and Piper up against the wall to keep from being seen, "How do we get inside to record the evidence?"

Piper used her sight again for a moment and noticed that an air vent made its way above the room. Piper pointed upwards and he nodded. Bakugo checked the perimeter before finding the closest vent and hoisting her up inside, "You're on your own crazy eyes. Make sure you record it all."

"Don't worry about me." She climbed inside and crawled her way to the room. She looked through the vent that was bone the two men, she pulled out her phone and recorded the conversation.

"The case is unwinnable on your end Sir. There have been evidence of abuse and manipulation inflicted on the child." The lawyer said. "If there was a guardian that was willing to take her that would be a different story."

"She does have some grand parents that live in the country from her mother's side."

"You would have to present them to make the case solid. We need background checks and everything."

"We will have everything, I assure you. We'll make it look believable."

"As long as the court knows that you aren't getting her." The lawyer replied. "Shes not my kid, I don't care where she ends up."

Piper fumed hearing the conversation, she took a deep breath to calm her nerves. The dust in the vents irritated her nostrils and she turned her head to let out a muffled sneeze. She sat still, cursing herself as she looked down at the two who looked a bit perplexed.

"What was that?" Overhaul asked as he looked around. Piper ducked away from the opening and prayed that he didn't spot her.

"Must have been a mouse or something." The lawyer said.

"It sounded like a cough or a sneeze." He replied. Overhaul looked at the man, sitting at the desk in front of him. He grabbed the man by his throat and looked at him in the eyes, a rage most evil engulfed him.

"Do you have someone listening in on me?" He demanded to know.

The man shook his head and Overhaul threw him across the room, "you dare to betray me?"

"I don't know what you're talking about-"

Overhaul started beating the man  and Piper started to shuffle back down the vent. Bakugo noticed she was coming out and helped her down.

"Here, take it. We got to go." She handed him the phone.

They were interrupted by the villain smashing his way out of the room. Bakugo pushed Piper out of the way and handed her the phone back.

"Go, Crazy Eyes. Go find Iida." He told her. Piper ran down the hallway and down the steps, looking for Iida who was scoping out the area near the street. He spotted her running from the courthouse, he came to her, seeing her frightened face.

"Did you get the evidence?" He asked. "Are you okay?"

"Im fine, he found out someone was listening but he thinks the lawyer he was talking to set it up."

"Wheres Bakugo?"

Overhaul looked at the blonde boy, he knew that he let Piper escape but he couldn't afford to make a scene so close to the court date, "What the hell do you want?"

Bakugo almost looked at him like he was stupid but caught himself, "You just burst out of the room like you were about to tear the place apart."

"Oh, sorry about that. Just a little frustrated about my parking tickets. Cant seem to get out of paying them."

"Maybe you should start parking in the right spots then." Bakugo almost growled.

"Ah!" He acted like he had been enlightened. "Ill keep that in mind...have a good day." Overhaul walked past him and Bakugo made sure he was out of sight before he left. He pulled out his phone and texted Iida.

"Go to the dorms immediately. Ill be there when I can."