Dreams

Piper looked down at the item and then up at Tenya.

"Try it on."

"Wait a minute...what does this ring mean?" She asked a little alarmed.

"Its not what you think. Its a promise ring. It signifies that I value our relationship and that my dedication to you is serious."

"So...its not anything to do with marriage?"

"No, it just means that I love you and that I want to experience life with you as we are. The rest is left to the future."

"Okay." She put it on her finger and looked at it for a second. It was a black and gold ring cut to look like a crown.

"Why do you have to be so good to me?" She asked. Iida smiled and kissed her hand.

"Its because you deserve it." He knelt down meeting her eyes. "Now, I want you to take an hour nap, and when you wake up Ill take you out to dinner."

"But I just woke up."

"I see it in your face, you're exhausted. Get some proper sleep, I'll wake you up in an hour."

"Fine." She kissed his forehead. "Thank you."

Piper laid down and took a nap like he said and fell into a strange dream. She was surrounded by blackness, almost as if ahe were in the dark. She looked around hoping to find a way out of the darkness and bumped into someone shrouded in a patch of purple fur and a golden beak. She looked up and noticed a golden beak protruding from the dark.

"Eri's case is unwinnable on your end, overhaul. Not unless you have some extended family that you can pass her off too." A man in a fine suit appeared on the other side of her, talking to the beaked man that was still shrouded in darkness.

"You cant do that, she has no family left. She has us and we will win." She got up in the other mans face. Was this his lawyer? Whi would defend a man who was so abusive to a little girl?

"She has her grand parents on her mothers side that are stull alive. They live in the country, it will be the perfect excuse to keep her." Overhaul told him.

Piper felt a horrid chill down her spine...this wasn't just a dream, this was real. Piper had dreams that came true in the past, but they only happened when there was a serious situation about to happen that she was involved in. She knew it was real because of the feeling it gave her, it was always the feeling of uncertainty and panic. She researched it before, it always came up the same name...she was having a prophetic dream.

Piper knew what to do now, she had to pay attention to what she was seeing. "Does she even have grandparents in the country?" The crooked lawyer asked him.

The beaked man took off his mask and looked at him in the eye, "I will make sure they come to the courthouse and have the right credentials, a week before the court date." The mans eyes were a pale yellow and had dark brown hair, his green jacket covered his skinny frame and his white gloves were covered in blood. Pipers face turned pale, what was going on?

"Fine, shes not my kid. You get the guardians you get the girl." The lawyer shook Overhauls hand.

"No! You cant do that! She belongs with us!" She reached to break the handshake and her hand fell on Overhauls bloody gloved hand. She could actually feel his hand. She looked up and everything started to vanish into thin air. Eri appeared and looked hesitant as she walked towards the new family that would care for her. "No." She ran to her. Noticing the people that opened their arms and picked her up. The woman wore a pink dress and her white blonde hair peeked out of the poorly put on wig. The other was a tall man with a moustache with gray hair. She kept racing to Eri trying ever so much to grab her little hand.
Eris figure vanished to blackness and Piper screamed out in desperate anger.

"Whoa! Piper, wake up!" She heard Bakugos voice as she came to and opened her eyes.

"You just had a bad dream, Piper. Its okay." He told her. She shot up and sat up on her bed, panting heavily from fright.

"Jesus, Piper. You're sweating bullets." He looked at her in shock. "Was it that bad?" He asked clasping he shoulders to comfort her.

"I...I got to go. I have to find the-"

"Piper?"

"He cant do this..." She started babbling to herself. "I don't even know where.." She panicked.

"Piper." Bakugo tried to get her to calm down.

"Shes in danger... What do I do?"

"Piper, will you please calm down? Whats going on. Talk to me."

Piper looked at him as if she just realized he was in the room, "Wheres the closest courthouse?" She asked.

"Why?" He asked.

"I'll explain on the way. Come with me, I might need help." Piper grabbed her jacket and went to leave but Bakugo took her arm.

"You'll explain right now."

Piper got heated and faced him, "I have intense dreams that come true sometimes. I just had a dream that Overhaul won the case and took Eri away. If I can catch him in the act then maybe I can stop this from happening. Now where is Iida, Id like him to join me too."

"Iida is out at the moment. Lets go, were wasting time." He pushed through the door and headed out with her.

"Wait."

"What is it, Piper?"

"You believed me, why?"

"We never mentioned Overhaul to you. Which means you must be telling the truth."

"Can you keep this a secret? Not even my Dad knows about this."

"I wont say a word, now come on Crazy eyes."