Dinner in a Fort.

Iida had held Piper's hand all the way back to the dorms, he was too cautious about the whole ordeal and made sure they stopped and looked around before turning any corners. Piper saw the look on his face, it was determined and dutiful. 

"Iida, its okay." Piper tried to calm him. Iida whipped around and faced her. 

"No, its not okay!" he barked. "Eri has suffered enough...you have suffered enough. All I want is the ones I love to be safe." he fumed. Piper pulled him close and embraced him. 

"And they will be. please don't worry." she said consoling him. 

"This wasn't how today was supposed to go...Now that Overhaul knows what you look like, we cant go out to dinner in the new dress I bought you. I was looking forward to our first date."

Piper laughed at how he explained his plans, "You are adorable."

"What? What did I do?" He asked.

"Lets just go back to the dorms, I have an idea on how to save this little date of yours." she kissed his cheek and continued their walk. Both of them came into the common area and spotted a few of their class mates huddled around by the couch. Jiro looked back at the two and showed them the text message, "Is it true? Is overhaul trying to get custody of Eri?" she asked them. 

"Well, we know Cheeto man cant keep a secret." Iida commented. 

"Yes, it is true. Please do not talk to anyone else about this. I will alert my Dad and the heroes tomorrow on Monday. I would suggest that everyone stay inside for now until we get orders from Principal Nezu." Piper told them all. 

"Why should we stay inside, Whats going on, Piper?" Ellie came over ans asked her. 

"I have evidence of what Overhaul is planning and he spotted me in the process, so to keep me and the people around me safe this is my suggestion...please stay inside."

The class looked at her in silence as the reality of the situation weighed upon their shoulders, "Of course, Piper. We will stay inside for the rest of the day." Izuku spoke up. "Am I allowed to speak to All Might about this? just in case something happens tonight?" he asked. 

"Yeah, I just don't want the whole school knowing because then we'd be in lock down for no solid reason. we don't even know if Overhaul followed us." 

"Wheres Bakugo?" Kirishima asked. 

"He came with us and he got me to safety before anything happened. He should be here soon."

Just when she said, Bakugo came in covered in dirt and foliage, Iida and the rest of the class came to his aid, "What happened?"

"Calm down nerds! I just took extra precautions coming back home. I stopped to hide every five minutes." He said pushing his way from the crowd around him. "Oh, here Iida. thought I'd bring it in for you." he handed Iida the bags that he had earlier that day. 

"Thanks." 

Piper looked at the bags curiously, "What did you get?" she asked. 

"A lot actually. I think I got carried away." he blushed. 

Piper giggled, "Give them here, I'll take care of this." she told him. Iida, Though still disappointed that his plans fell through, gave her the bags, "Stay here until I come out and tell you to come in." She instructed. 

Iida obeyed and waited with the rest of the class. Kirishima and Izuku came up to him, "Hey. how are you doing?" Kirishima asked. 

"I'm fine. A little angry that this is happening but I think we have enough evidence to put him in jail." He told the two. 

"What evidence?" Izuku asked him. 

"Piper had climbed up into the vents to record his conversation with his lawyer." 

"How did she even know where to go? Did she see it with her quirk?" Kiri asked. Iida didn't want to talk about how he knew she was right all along. It seemed too private of a situation to speak about.

"Yeah, apparently she's been using her sight to see inside the courthouse ever since she found out about Overhaul. Aizawa spoke to her about how you and Mirio rescued Eri from him. She's been doing her research ever since." Iida lied. 

"Wow. She's really on top of it." 

"Yeah, She'd been impressing me alot lately. she's going to be a great hero." Iida confessed. 

"Its going to be pretty weird staying in all day." Kirishima said. "I know all of us are going to get pretty bored." 

"We'll all find something to do. Its not like we don't have entertainment." Izuku told him as they left Iida alone. Piper came back out in a cute checkered skater dress and red converse. 

"You look beautiful." He told her. 

"Come on, I'm ready." she took his hand and led him towards the bedroom. "We can still have our date. I thought we'd have dinner on the balcony."

"We cannot be seen, Piper." He warned. 

"I know, thats why I covered the balcony with blankets. No one will be able to see us."

"So, its more like dinner in a fort." Iida laughed. "I can already feel lady nostalgia leading me away from 2020." he joked. 

"Good. This year sucks." Piper told him. She opened the door and walked into the candle illuminated room. Twinkling lights were hung on the ceiling and a warm glow engulfed the room. "Very nice." He took another look at the dress he had bought her. "Do you like the dress?" he asked. 

"Yes, I don't want to take it off." she twirled in it. "You know me so well."

"Did you see what else I got you?" He asked. 

"Yeah, the cute little cat necklace." she showed it off, draped around her neck. "You do know that you dont have to-"

"I want to." he smiled at her adoringly. "Let me spoil you once in a while." he placed his hands on her hips. "Don't you try and argue with me either." 

"...I wont."