Daddy Won.

Shota Aizawa sat anxiously as he sat with his lawyer on one side and his daughter on the other. He looked up at the judge and then to Overhaul who had been handcuffed and brought in by two policemen.

"This hearing is too easy to even hold but I am upheld by the law to follow through so that is fair." The judge told them.

"Of course your honor." Aizawa replied to him. He nervously approached the bench and told the judge what he had to say, "Your honor its been two years since Kai Chisaki wreaked havoc on Tokyo. He had been creating weapons of destruction that could erase someone's quirk forever. During the time we tried to apprehend him, he had successfully erased one of our students quirks. He is a witness here today, I will let him tell his story. He was able to get this type of weaponry by one girl whose quirk granted him the power. This little girl is why I am here today, she has suffered massive abuse from this man and I wish to adopt her so that she can have a proper childhood."
He spoke as the judge listened attentively to his story. "I have just recently bought a home which was the main requirement for her safety and I am in the process of moving in as we speak, if there are any more requirements the judge expects me to meet, I will meet it." He said with determination.

"Are there any other witnesses?" The judge asked. Piper looked at the lawyer and he nodded to her.

"There are at least four, your honor." She replied.

"It looks as if there are only three in the courthouse according to the list that was given to me." He said to her.

"All witnesses will be here." She assured him.
Izuku Midorya was called to the stand and he gave his account on what he had experienced with Overhaul, along with Mirio who was one of the students that fought one on one with Overhaul.

"If there are no other witnesses besides yourself-" the judge was interrupted by the opening of the courtroom doors. They approached the bench and sat in the seat, looking up at the judge.

"Will the witness please state their name?"

"Tenya Iida." He said. He looked over at Piper who smiled at him sweetly.

"Your honor, I apologize for being late but after I tell you what I have gone through the past few weeks, I'm sure you'll understand." He took a breath. "I'm sure you already know that Overhaul s connected to a recent kidnapping case...I was his victim." He confessed. "He had hired two other villains to kidnap me in order to lure Aizawas daughter out of UA to find me."

"Why did they want with Piper Aizawa?" The judge asked.

"She has evidence of Overhaul trying to rig the hearing so that the case would fall in his favor."

"Do we have the evidence here today?" He asked.

"I have it here, your honor." Aizawa handed him the flash drive and went back to his seat.

"Go on with your story, leave nothing out."

"I was held captive by the villains that I now know as Illuzion and Gentle Criminal, two men that Overhaul hired to make it look like the kidnapping was only a coincidence. I was confined in a small room, tied to a chair while Illuzion mentally tortured me with his quirk. Gentle Criminal forced me to drink this rancid tea that he then filmed for his viewers on the internet. The test results came back after they had pumped my stomach from what he had fed me, the contents had two strong hallucinogenic herbs that hen mixed together, make a poison. Aizawa, Present Mic and Piper reached me in time."

"So not only did you have to endure mental trauma but also physical?"

"Yes your honor."

The judge nodded and sent him to sit down, "I appreciate all of the testimonies that each of the witnesses have made, I assure you that Kai Chisaki aka Overhaul will be taken to prison immediately after this hearing. As for the case of Eri, it seems as if I am quite conflicted. This little girl," he motioned to Eri who was sitting with Emi behind Aizawa and Piper. "She faced so much danger in the custody of a villain, and in the recent events that have unfolded, it seems as if leaving her in the custody of a hero would also be dangerous. Of course Eri was not in harms way during this incident but what about the next time? What can you say that will prove to me that you will be a good father to Eri?"

"Your honor? I believe you missed a witness." Piper spoke up.

"We are through with the first hand accounts of Overhaul, Miss Piper."

"I call myself as a witness in the defense of my father Shota Aizawa. I would like to share my first hand experience with being his daughter." She told him.

The judge exhaled a breath and let her take the bench and speak, "For fifteen years, my father has gone above and beyond his duty as a father to me. Even father my mother divorced him, he always made it a priority to come and see me every Friday until I turned fifteen. He never missed a Friday, even though my mother and I moved five hours away from where he lived. Every week, he would take the train after he would teach and sleep on the train until he came to spend time with me. Almost every time, he would stay too long and would have to return home. I think the latest he'd ever stayed was four in the morning, he would ride the train back and sleep there until he reached Tokyo again. Sometimes, he would have to go straight back to UA to be at work on time." She looked at her father who stared back at her proudly. "He wasn't just taking care of me, he was taking care of a whole class of students who also look at him as a father figure in their life. He has sacrificed taking care of himself to put others first and has given his time, effort and compassion to those who needed it. He wishes to extend that compassion to Eri who he has also constantly visited and has provided a home for. My father and I, including the class of 1-A have grown to love Eri and will make sure she has the best protection and support system. All of my life, I was protected by this man and I know for a fact that he will do the same for Eri too."

The judge looked at the group in front of him and then looked at the red eyed Eri who was listening to every word, "It seems that I have reached a verdict, Shota Aizawa. You will be escorted to social services where you will lawfully be deemed as the sole guardian of Eri." His gavel hit the desk and the rest of the courtroom cheered.

"As for Kai Chisaki, the evidence provided will be thoroughly investigated, as for all of the other charges, I sentence you to to prison." His gavel hit one last time. Overhaul was taken away and the rest of them were left to celebrate.

Piper happily embraced her father, "I can't believe we did it." She told him.

"I can." He told her. "And you say that you can't be a good hero, Pip you just saved Eri's life."

Piper felt a little someone hugging her leg tightly, "Piper! I did it! I saved Daddy's life!" Piper bent down to hear her explain. "What you told me to do, it worked. Daddy won! The bad guys didn't get him." She beamed.

"That's right, Eri. Good job." She picked her up and hoisted her onto her hip.

Iida came to her and kissed her with Eri looking surprised, "you two do love eachother."

Iida and Piper laughed at her statement and everyone left the courtroom, the whole class including a few teachers were waiting on the steps for them to the tell them all what happened.

"Here they come." Bakugo shouted. Piper, Iida  and Eri came out, looking at everyone. Piper whispered into the little one's ear and Eri spoke.

"Daddy won!"

The class cheered and rushed towards them in a elated frenzy, celebrating the one thing that Aizawa had wanted for so long.