Ch. 41 Explanation (Avi)

A/N Shut up, it's only 11 something where I am!!! It's still technically Christmas!!! Anyway enjoy! Sorry for the wait lol :)

~*~*~

"Alright, the cab should be here in five minutes." Scott said, hanging up his phone.

Kevin and Todrick were helping Avi stand up after confirming that what Kirstie said was true. His hurt leg was thankfully only a sprained ankle.

"You could've warned me, you know." Avi grumbled to Kirstie as they carefully made their way back to the front.

"Hey, I already told you that it was gonna happen. You should've used your powers to make sure you didn't forget."

"Yeah, I mean, what's the point of having powers if you're not gonna use 'em?" Mitch cut in, taking off his gloves.

"How was I supposed to know she wasn't actually bluffing?"

"You still should've been cautious." Kirstie told him with a shrug.

"If you knew I was about to fall, why didn't you say anything?"

"Wait!" Kevin stopped everyone. They looked at him as he seemed to try to process the conversation. "So, if Kirstie had warned Avi about the hole so he wouldn't fall... then would that mean that her earlier prediction would've been wrong?"

"...No? I had a vision, and they're never wrong."

"But if you had stepped in and stopped him from falling, then your vision wouldn't have come true."

"Can she do that?" Todrick asked as they continued walking.

"Can you?"

"I... I don't know." Kirstie admitted, somewhat surprised. "Whenever I've had a vision, I just took them as gospel. I mean, there was that one time when I first discovered I had them, but other than that, I've never... actively done anything to go against them."

"Well, that's definitely something you should look into." Kevin smiled as they got to the front.

The cab Scott called had pulled up and was waiting for them at the entrance. Kevin started his car while Todrick helped Avi inside, and Scott, Mitch, and Kirstie piled into the cab. After instructing the driver to follow the car, they all made it to Kevin's house in a few minutes.

"Do you want me to carry you upstairs?" Scott offered to Avi, and he hesitated.

"I'm sure I'm fine, I can do it." Avi tried, but Kevin shook his head.

"You should stay off your leg as much as possible so it can heal properly."

"Kevin's right." Todrick cut in. "If it gets any worse, you could end up with a broken foot."

Avi flinched upon hearing that and accepted Scott's help up the stairs.

"Could he really break his foot from using it too much?" Kirstie wondered, taking off her shoes.

"Not with that sprain," Todrick admitted. "But I figured he'd be the type of person who has to be pushed into allowing himself to be taken care of."

Now upstairs, Scott set Avi down on a chair and let Kevin and Todrick take a closer look at him.

"Looks like the sprain's a light one." Kevin told him after moving his foot around a bit. "Just put some ice on it and stay off your foot for the rest of the day. Todrick can keep an eye on you to make sure you don't try anything, and I'll be right back. I need to stop by the store."

"Ooh, I wanna go shopping too!" Mitch exclaimed, then he smirked. "Well, shoplifting that is."

"No! Besides, I'm going to a grocery store. I just need to buy some food."