Ch. 59 Munchie

A/N OKAY BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING, NO THIS ISN'T AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE AND YES I AM ALIVE!!!! I've been SUUUUUPER busy with classes and assignments, BUT ALSO!!! THIS CHAPTER GOT FREAKING DELETED!!!! AND IT WAS HARD TRYING TO REMEMBER EVERY SINGLE DETAIL I WROTE!!! So yeah, I kinda got a bit of burnout rewriting this chapter BUT IT'S DONE AND I'M DOUBLE SAVING EVERY CHAPTER I WRITE FROM HERE ON OUT BECAUSE OH MY GOD THIS TOOK FREAKING FOREVER!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway... enjoy!!! 😊💖

~*~*~

"Okay, okay. We can argue about this later." Candace said, cutting him off. "Right now, we need to make sure Mitch is okay. I still need to ask him a question that could tell us why he passed out."

Mitch felt unease bubbling in his stomach as Candace sat down in the chair next to him again.

"You ready? It's just one question." Mitch took a deep breath and nodded. She gave him a patient, friendly smile before asking, "When was the last time you ate something?"

Mitch thought about it for a few seconds before answering.

"Umm, I think I had some chips... uh-"

"No, no. Let me rephrase." Candace said, butting in. "When was the last time you had a proper meal? You know, all food groups, good proportion sizes, and you ate all of it."

Mitch went quiet, trying to remember when that was. After staying silent for a good minute and a half, Kevin spoke up.

"Seriously?!"

"Shut up, I'm thinking!" He snapped. Mitch was quiet for a few moments before finally remembering. "Oh, um... It was when we went to go help out at that egg breakfast thing. They gave us a free lunch for helping them."

"Didn't we have dinner after that?"

"Yeah, but I didn't eat all of it. It's still in the fridge." Mitch explained, and Kevin pinched the bridge of his nose.

"So you're telling me, that the last time you actually ate a proper meal, was when we helped out at the all you can eat egg breakfast?"

"Yeah?"

"MITCH, THAT WAS ALMOST A WEEK AGO!!!" Kevin shouted.

"WELL I'VE BEEN BUSY!!!!"

"WITH WHAT?!?"

"OH MEU DEUS... Okay, so, after the whole egg breakfast thing, Kirstin and I went walking and we found my boots," He paused to explain to Candace. "By the way, I found some absolutely gorgeous boots that were perfect and wonderful and I loved them so much. So, I had to get an outfit for the fabulous footwear, which I did, and I looked amazing, obviously. So-" Mitch cut himself off and looked at Candace suspiciously.

"What?" She asked.

"You're not gonna tell the police about any of this, are you?"

"No? Why would I? I already told you my main priority as a doctor is to make sure the patient stays safe."

"Okay good, because my outfit consisted of several stolen items and I'm not dressed to go to jail for petty theft right now." Candace opened her mouth, but Mitch kept talking. "Alright, so then I needed to show the world my new outfit and boots and these idiots wanted to come with me looking like... basically that."

Candace looked at what the group was wearing and nodded in agreement.

"Mhm, you can't go with a group of people and be the only one that looks good. It either lowers the effect of your outfit or makes the people around you look even worse."