Ch. 60 Meditate

A/N SORRY IVE BEEN GONE!!!! Okay, I had this long-winded explanation that told you where I've been, but I figured it would be too much lol. So anyway I'll just say: Life happened, got sick, graduated, got a job, got sick again, Merry Christmas!!! Enjoy!

~*~ Recap ~*~

"I'll help you get your stuff." Todrick offered and started following her.

"Thanks, Todd. Oh, and one more thing," She turned and gave everyone the, "I've got my eye on you" hand gesture. "Make sure you're taking care of yourselves. Alright? I'll see you around."

Everyone said their goodbyes, and with a wave, Candace finally left.

~*~*~

"Welp, you heard her, Munchie," Kevin teased. "I'll grab another bag of chips for you."

"Are you sure you wanna do that?" Mitch asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing, it's fine. I'm just saying, if you trust me enough to eat the chips and not get any crumbs in your bed, then by all means! I'll take barbecue." He smirked, and Kevin was quiet for a second.

"I'll get you a fruit cup."

"You trust me to not spill the juice?"

"You can drink it."

"Hmm, I don't know. I mean, I thought I could walk earlier but ended up passing out. Who's to say I won't have a muscle spasm or something?"

"I'll drain it for you." Kevin snapped. Mitch was about to say something else but he continued. "In fact, I'll do everything I can so that it'll be impossible for you to make a mess unless you do it intentionally."

Mitch crossed his arms and leaned back against the pillow. "Way to take all the fun out of it."

With a tiny snicker, Kevin went downstairs and started getting Mitch's snack ready.

"Well, that was scary." Todrick said, joining him in the kitchen.

"Hmm?"

"Mitch passing out and stuff? I'm glad it was just a mix of exhaustion and hunger and not something more."

"I hear you," Kevin agreed. "I've been more stressed in these past several days than I ever was during any of our exams."

Todrick laughed and leaned against the sink. "Really? Well, it shouldn't be too much stress, seeing how you always aced them."

"Yeah, but that's because I had a great friend to help keep my head on straight."

"Aww, shut up you big softie."

"No, I'm serious. Without you, I definitely would've gotten lost in my own head loads of times."

"I guess, but nothing was more stressful than when they changed the standardized tests a week before we had to take them, right?" Todrick asked, and Kevin just looked at him.

"Todd, I had to drive a car, with a bomb strapped to the engine, to an airport, in the dead of night, in a place I was unfamiliar with, not knowing if or when said bomb was going to go off, while multiple people shot at me. I think I'd rather take an important test with one week of preparation than doing that again."

Todrick's jaw went slack.

"What the hell?! When did this happen?"

Kevin briefly explained what happened when they met Mitch and how they escaped Puerto Rico.

"It's good to know everyone's okay now, but holy crap that must've been scary. Scott wasn't freaked out too much, was he?"

"Actually, Scott wasn't there. Avi, Kirstie, and I met him a day or so prior." Kevin explained, draining the juice from the fruit cup. "He stayed home while we went to Puerto Rico. All that stuff happened, we came back here, and he showed up the next day about an hour before you did."