Ch. 6 Can You Hear Me?

They were finally in Seattle and everyone looked around in awe. It was actually a really nice day, opposed to the popular belief of Seattle always being cloudy. The traffic however, was a different story. Kevin drove around for a bit, taking in the scenery when he remembered something.

"Hey, since we're in this traffic, we should keep a lookout to see if we find any factories along the way."

Avi and Kirstie nodded and continued to look out the window. Slowly but surely, they were making their way down the long street. They didn't know what was taking so long, but finally found the problem.

"There's a lot of construction out here." Avi commented as he watched the big orange cones go by, and Kirstie gasped.

"That's it!!" She said grabbing the back of Avi's seat and shaking it a bit.

"What's it?" Kevin questioned with a chuckle.

"The guy we're meeting isn't working at a factory, he's doing construction on a factory. Everything clicked when I saw the orange cones and some people wearing hardhats."

"How did you not know it before?" Avi asked, skeptically.

"Because, people usually wear hardhats when they work in a factory. If you saw what I saw then you would've been confused too."

"Alright, well so far I've only seen three construction sites. Do any of them look familiar to you?"

"Not really, but I'll know it when I see it."

They drove around a bit longer, taking in more scenery, when Kirstie suddenly shouted.

"STOP THE CAR!!!"

Kevin slammed on the breaks and they jerked forward, stopped by the seat belts. The cars behind them stopped too and started honking at them angrily.

"What is it? What's wrong?!" He asked in a slight panic.

"That's the place! That's where we're gonna meet the blonde guy!" She squealed excitedly.

"Next time, can you just say that? You almost gave me a heart attack." Avi complained clutching his chest, and Kirstie gave a chuckle.

"Heh, sorry about that."

Kevin took a quick mental note of where the construction site was, and continued along the road before the people behind them got any angrier. After what felt like forever, they finally pulled into a hotel parking lot and Kirstie ran inside to get them checked into a room.

"It's kinda crazy when you think about it, huh?" Avi said out of the blue.

"What's crazy?"

"The fact that we have these, special powers, and are going around trying to find more people like us."

"I guess it does sound a little crazy when you think about it."

"Why are you doing this?" He questioned, and that made Kevin turn to him.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, sure you have super smarts, and Kirstie can see in the future, and I can look in the past, but why go through the effort of trying to find us? What's the point? I'm not trying to bring you down or anything, but what if everyone we meet isn't so willing to join? Are you gonna force them? And what happens when all of us are together? Do you have some kind of plan or are you just doing this blindly on instinct?"

Kevin opened his mouth and was about to answer, but closed it when he saw Kirstie coming out of the hotel.

"I'll tell you later."