Ch. 32 Chores

A/N S'up y'all! I wanted to update earlier but I was really busy. Even though it's my birthday, I wanted to give you guys the gift of an update! Sorry I've been gone for a while lol. I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again. LOVE YOU AND ENJOY!!!!

~*~*~

"Okay. Why don't we find something for you guys to do, since you obviously can't have any free time." Kevin said, crossing his arms.

Avi and Kirstie chuckled nervously while Mitch just rolled his eyes.

"Sorry, Kevin. I guess we got a little carried away." Avi apologized, and Kevin scoffed.

"A little?!" He asked, gesturing to the mess they made.

In the short amount of time it took him to walk into the kitchen from the living room, Avi and Kirstie had: moved several chairs out of place, gotten food all over the counters and on the floor, knocked over a flower vase that thankfully hadn't broken, and had spilled water on the table that was dripping on the floor from the vase.

"Okay, a lot carried away." Kirstie admitted.

"What should we do instead?" Avi asked.

"I'm not sure, but while you guys are figuring that out, I can start cleaning up this mess." He told them. Then he paused. "Speaking of messes, I really need to clean up around here."

"Oh! We can help you!" Kirstie exclaimed.

"We can?" Mitch asked, raising an eyebrow which earned an elbow from Kirstie. "Oof."

"Yes. We're the ones who made the messes in the first place, so we should help clean up."

"Correction. You two are the ones who made the messes. Eu não tinha parte nissot."

"No part in it?" Kevin scoffed. "What about telling Kirstie to throw different things at Avi?"

"Those were just suggestions. Kirstin didn't have to listen to me."

"Come on, Mitch." Avi piped up. "We're Kevin's guests, it's the least we could do."

"You know," Kevin interjected. "Since you guys are my guests, I don't think I'd feel comfortable making you clean up around here."

"Well, think of it this way. We're gonna be staying here for a while, right?" Kirstie questioned, and Kevin nodded. "Then don't think of it as making your guests clean for you, think of it as... giving your housemates chores that we're happy to do."

"I think 'happy' is stretching it a little." Mitch commented, making air quotes.

"Well, Kirstie and I are happy to clean up." Avi told Kevin.

"Alright, I guess I should assign you some things to clean up... I'll stick with cleaning the bedrooms. My room is pretty messy so I'm going to clean it up myself." He thought for a moment before continuing. "Kirstie, if you don't mind, you could clean the counters and the table."

"Ooh, I'll sweep too!"

"You don't have to." He tried, but Kirstie insisted.

"No, no, it's okay. If I'm cleaning off the counters and table, then I'll be knocking stuff on the floor. I might as well clean it up afterwards instead of making someone else do it."

"Well, if you insist." Kevin shrugged. "Okay, Avi you're next. You can... clean the mirrors and reflective surfaces... and maybe take out the trash?"

"Sounds simple enough." Avi shrugged.

"Um... could I maybe help with something?" Scott asked, and everyone looked at him. "I mean, if everyone else is gonna be cleaning up, I feel like I should participate too."