Ch. 23 Plane Escape

(A/N HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE!!! I hope you're enjoying the time away from your families! Just sit back, relax, and read this long chapter I struggled with for almost an entire month :) Y'all better be glad I love you guys -_- Anyway! Enjoy!!!)

~*~*~

The lines were a little crowded with four different gates in the same area. People were casually chatting amongst themselves, either excited about their vacation, or ready to go home and sleep in their own beds. Everyone seemed pretty calm... well, everyone except our four heroes trying not to freak out.

Kevin kept looking behind him, trying to see how much distance was between themselves and the people trying to hurt them. Kirstie starting biting her thumb, anxious about what was going to happen, while Avi tapped his foot hurriedly. Mitch was chewing on his bottom lip, trying to calm himself down when he saw something and perked up. He immediately dropped Miguel's duffel bag and ran out of line, ignoring the questions thrown his way.

Avi watched confused as Mitch went over to a couple sitting on a bench. Although it was hard, he strained his ears to hear parts of the conversation.

"Armando! Como você está? Long time no see." Mitch said as he approached the couple.

"Well well, if it isn't a pequena sereia. What are you doing here?" They asked curiously.

"I'd love to stay and chat but I've got a plane to catch. Há apenas um problema."

"Let me guess, you forgot your ID."

"I didn't even think about it until I saw you. So, I was wondering... posso ter o seu?"

"Mitch you can't be serious."

"Por favor? I really need to go, I'm in a hurry." He said, looking back at the line.

Once he saw that Kevin was almost to the front, he looked behind him to look for Miguel and the others. They were nowhere in sight. That wasn't good.

"I don't know-"

"Eu te pagarei." Mitch told him quickly.

"What?"

"I'll pay you." He repeated, and reached in his pocket and took out 2 bundles of cash. "Here, take these."

Armando looked shocked as Mitch shoved one in his hands, and the other in the hands of his girlfriend.

"There. One for you, and one for the lovely lady." He said, giving her a wink.

"Where did you get this?" Armando asked suspiciously.

"Do you want me to take it back or do you want to keep it?"

"Babe, we should keep it. Think of all the stuff we could get!" Armando's girlfriend said excitedly.

"Alright alright, fine. Here." He said taking out his wallet. "But make sure you send it back."

"Obrigado, and don't worry about a thing. I'll get it back to you once I get in the states." Mitch reassured.

"You better. Do you have any idea how much it costs to replace an ID card?"

"That's why I gave you the money!" Mitch told him, then he ran back to the line before Armando could say anything else.

They were one person away from being in the front. Mitch got behind Kevin and picked up the duffel bag as Avi eyed him suspiciously. When Kevin got to the front, Avi grabbed Mitch's arm making him look at him.

"What?" Mitch asked annoyed.

"Why do you have that guy's ID?" Avi whispered, and Mitch froze for a second before glaring at him.