Ch. 15 All Around the Mulberry Bush

(A/N What's this? 2 chapters in less than a week? ENJOY!!!)

~*~ Recap ~*~

"Perfeito! Now let's go get your stuff back." Mitch said walking past them to the sidewalk. "Oh, and not that I don't know you can but, try and keep up."

He gave them a wink and bolted out to the street. Quickly running after him, they kept up pretty easily until he turned a corner. Once they turned the same corner, he was nowhere in sight. They looked around and Kirstie let out a groan.

"Ugh, not again!"

~*~*~

"Why does he keep doing this?!" Kirstie yelled, getting frustrated.

Every time they turned a corner, Mitch would disappear and Avi would have to use his powers to find him. They'd follow Avi until they saw him again, but then he'd turn another corner and be gone again.

"Remember, he basically grew up here. He probably knows every short cut, back road, and hidden alley in a 40 mile radius." Kevin told her.

"Well he needs to let us in on these little secrets because I'm starting to get a headache from using my powers back to back to back." Avi complained, pausing to catch his breath.

"I'm sure we're almost there, one more time?" Kevin asked, and Avi sighed.

"Fine, but if we lose him again then I'm gonna go crazy." He warned before straightening up and closing his eyes.

Using his powers again, he quickly saw where Mitch went and opened his eyes. Giving the others a nod, he ran off in the right direction and they followed close behind him. They found Mitch and were about to keep following him, when Kevin suddenly stopped. Avi and Kirstie stopped too and looked at him. They saw he was staring at a wall, not moving.

"What are you doing? He's getting away!" Kirstie asked him, catching her breath.

"Huh? Oh sorry, I was just inspecting this area."

"It's a wall, nothing we haven't seen before." Avi told him.

"Hmm... but it almost looks like..."

"Kevin, it's just a wall. The longer we stand here, the further away Mitch is gonna get." Kirstie said, and they both looked in the direction he ran.

"Oh great, now he's out of sight again. Weren't you the one who said we had to keep up with him?" Avi asked, turning back to Kevin.

His eyes widened when he saw Kevin was nowhere to be seen. He slowly walked over to where he was previously standing and looked around.

"Kevin?" He said, and when he heard no answer he called a little louder. "Kevin?!"

Kirstie walked next to him and looked around too. They were about to call him again when they heard his voice.

"Woah! You guys need to check this out!"

They looked everywhere but couldn't see him.

"Where are you?" Kirstie asked, and a few moments later his head appeared out of nowhere.

Avi and Kirstie let out small screams and held onto each other. It looked like he was leaning out of the wall. He raised an eyebrow at them and they realized what position they were in. Letting go of each other, Avi cleared his throat and Kirstie straightened out her shirt.

"Um, how are you doing that?" She asked him, and he smiled and stepped out fully.

"It's a secret passage! I was right when I thought it looked like something was out of place here." Kevin said, and Avi and Kirstie looked confused.