Ch. 13 First Look

(A/N Sorry for making you guys wait, this would've been out earlier but my aunt dragged me out shopping before I even got in my house from school. Got stuff, went home, forced to help clean the kitchen, etc. Anyway, hope you enjoy!)

After wandering around, trying to figure out how to put the clues together, they came across a small store. Kirstie ran inside and didn't come out for a few minutes. Just as Avi and Kevin were about to go in to see if she was okay, she came out wearing a pair of sneakers.

"Thank you!" She said to a worker in there as she left.

They both looked at her strangely as she rejoined them.

"What?" She asked, confused.

"How'd you get those?" Avi questioned, somewhat surprised.

"They were going to start a special, if you guess the proper weight of a pair of shoes you get them for free." She explained.

"And you decided to take advantage of your powers so you'd get them." Kevin said, crossing his arms.

"Well... I may have peeked into the future a little bit. But I had to! There was no way we were going to catch this guy if I was wearing heels and you both know it."

"Tell us the real reason." He said, and she blushed a little.

"Okay... and maybe my feet were starting to hurt a bit more that I would've liked." She told them, her voice getting quieter at the end.

"Ha! I knew you'd start to complain eventually! 'I'm wearing heels but you don't see me complaining.'" Avi mocked, in a slightly high pitched voice.

"Hey, I don't sound like that!"

"Yes you do!"

"Well if I sound like that, then you sound like this! 'Oh I'm Avi and I like to sleep all day. Hurr der der, der der der der.'" She copied, using a low growling voice.

"Now that's just mean." Avi said with a pout.

"Oh, and what you did to me wasn't?" Kirstie shot back.

They kept arguing and Kevin sighed, knowing he started it. Instead of stopping them, he sat down on a bench and took out the folder. He knew they'd eventually run out of things to say to each other and would stop. Taking out the contents of the folder, he first decided to look at the pictures. What was so important about these three pictures? He turned them around and saw the posted notes on the back. There were a few words written on them, but he couldn't read it. He could understand it just fine if someone said it, but reading it was a different story.

Of course his phone was in the rental car charging, so looking it up was out of the question. He thought a bit more about how he could figure it out, when Avi and Kirstie's voices interrupted his thoughts.

"Says the one who fell out of a tree and almost broke her knee when she was younger."

"Oh please, everyone falls out of a tree at least once in their life. At least I'll actually be looking where I'm going and won't fall down a hole!"

"You're just making that up. There's no way I'm gonna fall down a hole." Avi said, crossing his arms.

"You're forgetting I can look in the future, and you took a huge plummet down a deep, dark hole. Sprained your ankle, almost broke a leg." She told him with a smirk.

Kevin looked up at them with an 'are you kidding me?' glare, and they both immediately got quiet. After making sure they would stay quiet, he turned back to the posted notes and studied them again. He knew the posted notes had something to do with the picture so he glanced at the front and started looking for clues.