Ch. 61 Stirling's Strings

A/N Hey guys!!! Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year celebration!!! (I didn't, I slept through the countdown lol) Anyway, we're finally at a part where I have an idea of where this story is going. Omg I have an outline and have been trying to get from point A to point B for so long and that's partially why the last update took forever so I literally had to add this in just to get moving again lol. Also, I would've had this sooner but I didn't have my laptop. ENJOY!!!

~*~*~

The next day, Kevin and Todrick drove everyone in their cars to a strip mall, Mitch and Kirstie riding with Todrick, and Scott and Avi riding with Kevin.

They parked in the parking lot and led them to what looked like a music store. The words, 'Stirling's Strings' on a sign above them.

"So you said we're here to meet Beyoncé?" Mitch asked, and Todrick chuckled.

"No, I said we're here so Kevin can pick up Beyoncé."

"What's the difference?"

"Todd, you really should've explained it more." Kevin cut in.

"Oh, like you've done any better."

He playfully rolled his eyes and turned to the group to elaborate. "Beyoncé is my cello. I splintered some of the wood on it and it was getting fixed up here. So now 'I'm here to pick up Beyoncé'."

"Ahhh... okay. That makes more sense." The group mumbled.

"So if we're here to pick up a cello and not meet the actual Beyoncé, why did all of us have to come?" Mitch quizzed.

"Avi, Kirstie, and Scott wanted to come with me, Todrick wanted to see Lindsey again, and I didn't want to leave you home alone after what happened yesterday." Kevin explained.

"Don't you think being in public is the last thing I would want after yesterday?"

"True, but if you think about it, it's also the last place the cops would expect to look for you."

"Hmm... hidden in plain sight..." Mitch was quiet for a few moments before he huffed and trudged past them. "Fine, but I'll only stay if they have a piano."

"I think all music stores have a piano." Todrick mumbled.

They followed Mitch inside and were met with a cacophony of different instruments.

There were acoustic guitars, electric guitars, violins, violas, electric violins, cellos, basses, a few pianos, and even a couple of drum kits. The few people in the store were looking around and trying out the different instruments on display. After stopping for a moment to take it all in, the group split up to do their own things.

Mitch headed over to the pianos with Kirstie following close behind him.

"You know, I wasn't expecting this place to actually have a piano." Mitch said, lifting the fallboard and running his fingers along the keys.

"Well, like Todrick said, we're pretty sure all music stores have a piano." Kirstie told him.

"Yeah, but this place is called 'Stirling's Strings'. Pianos aren't a string instrument."

"True, but pianos do have strings in them."

Mitch looked at her before glancing inside the piano lid. When he saw the strings he plopped down on the bench with a small grunt.

"Touché."

He didn't say anything else so Kirstie decided to look around more. Mitch adjusted himself on the bench and hit a few random keys on the piano. As the sounds mixed into the air, Mitch recognized two notes he played back to back. Using his ears and memory, he managed to play a line of a vaguely familiar song.