Ch. 38 Avi's Turn

A/N Slightly shorter chapter for you guys. I really wanted to continue it but then I realized it'd be too long lol. Anyway, ENJOY!!!

~*~*~

While Kevin, Todrick, and Avi started gathering items to pile onto the couch, Kirstie and Mitch went with Scott so he could show off more of his strength for them as they waited.

"Okay, how about that box?" Kirstie asked, pointing to a large metal container.

"I think that's a safe." Scott guessed, squinting against the glare of the sunlight bouncing off it. "Dang, it looks like you could stuff a person in there."

"Ooh, maybe it's filled with money!" Mitch exclaimed.

"Or a dead body." Kirstie joked.

"Either way, let's open it!"

"How? We don't have the combination."

"Stretch can just punch it 'til it opens. Right?" Mitch asked, glancing back at him.

Scott gave a sheepish smile and scratched the back of his head.

"I mean... I can try." He mumbled as they reached the item in question. "I'll try not to punch it into the solar system."

Scott took a deep breath and drew back a fist. Then he gave the safe a good, hard punch. The entire front of the safe became heavily dented and the door swung open. Kirstie had a look of awe on her face while Mitch squealed as he ran over and looked inside.

"Well, color me impressed." She smirked.

"Aww meu, it's empty." Mitch pouted, crossing his arms in disappointment.

"I'm pretty sure whoever owned it wasn't gonna throw away a safe full of money."

"It doesn't hurt to check."

"We're not looking for money, we're looking for things that he can pick up." Kirstie argued, gesturing to Scott.

"Hey, I'm pretty sure Stretch can pick up a few wads of cash without struggling."

"Heavy things."

"Bags of cash can be pretty heavy too."

Kirstie just playfully rolled her eyes as Scott let out a small snicker.

"You really like money, huh?"

"Of course! You can do so many things with it! You could go shopping, buy food, pamper yourself, get Starbucks- Ooh, Starbucks! I know I had some not too long ago, but I'm getting thirsty and now I want more."

"Maybe we can ask Kevin and Todrick to stop by one before we go back to Kevin's house." Kirstie suggested with a laugh.

"Hmm, that's not a bad idea." Mitch hummed. "Plus, I'd be able to get a free drink again."

"How do you know it'll be free?" Scott asked, and Mitch chuckled.

"Let's just say, some people have a hard time saying 'no' to me." He smirked. "Now come on, let's go find more stuff for you to break!"

Mitch grabbed Scott's wrist and started dragging him back to the undesignated path. He was glancing around when he spotted something gleaming in the distance, and went to go investigate. Scott and Kirstie briefly glanced at each other in amusement before deciding to follow suit.

Meanwhile, Kevin, Avi, and Todrick had come across a large, old bathtub with several cracks in it. Standing around it, they argued on what they were going to do.

"Should we take the tub back now, or should we wait until we fill it with stuff?" Avi asked.

"If we fill it up with stuff, it's going to become really heavy and hard to move." Todrick answered.