Ch. 47 Boots

A/N Boots :) Surprise update! Enjoy!

~*~*~

They continued walking around with Kirstie staying quiet, a little upset. As she was thinking about what Mitch said, they rounded a corner and her thoughts were interrupted by a loud squeal, full of delight. She looked around only to see the squeal had come from Mitch.

"What?!" She blurted, slightly startled.

He didn't answer, instead, running over to a store and pressing his face against the window. Calming down, she followed him to the store's window display.

"What are you looking at?" She asked when she reached him. Looking inside the store, she saw there were a pair of black leather boots on sale. "How did you see that from so far away?"

"I know how to sniff out a bargain." He responded simply. "But look! Aren't they amazing?"

"Uh, yeah... They look nice."

"Why are you hesitating?"

"Sorry, it's just... you're acting like a very different person than the one I was talking to like five minutes ago."

"That happens." Mitch shrugged. He was quiet for a few seconds before he gasped, like everything clicked into place. "É por isso que parecem familiares!"

"Um... what?"

"I was wondering why they looked so familiar! These boots remind me of a pirate costume I had when I was a kid!"

"A pirate costume had boots like that?"

"The costume was nothing special, but the boots were amazing!" Mitch grinned and closed his eyes, as if remembering what they looked like. "The boots were black like these, minus the chains, and had cute cuffs at the top. And I LOVED them! I would wear them every single day!"

Kirstie let out a light chuckle. "So what happened to them?"

Mitch opened his eyes and gave a heartbroken whine.

"I had a growth spurt and couldn't fit them anymore!" He cried. "They were so amazing and I had to throw them away! I remember I was sad for at least a solid week after that."

"Hmm..."

"What?"

"Oh, nothing. It's just... you keep saying you're a bad person, but then you turn around and act like this."

"Oh, fuck off. You're acting like nostalgia isn't a thing people can experience. Anyway, back to the boots!"

"You really like them, huh?"

"Of course! Like I said, I'd wear my old boots every day! Hell, I'd still be wearing them if I hadn't had that stupid growth spurt."

"They are pretty cute." Kirstie said, looking at them.

"Super cute!"

"Yeah, ready to keep going?"

No response.

"Mitch?" She looked around confused before letting out a startled scream.

"And they're in my size!!!" Mitch exclaimed, holding up the boots from the other side of the window.

"How did you get in there so fast?"

"I ran. Bye!" He said, and he disappeared further into the store.

"I thought the point of window shopping was that you aren't supposed to buy anything." Kirstie told him when he came out a few minutes later with a shopping bag. "Y'know, like you don't go past the window?"