Ch. 3 Robots and Aliens

"So Avi, how long have you known that you had powers?" Kevin asked the next morning, after they had gotten some sleep.

Kevin had shown them his house and allowed them to sleep in his guest bedrooms. He also let them borrow a few clothes. Avi was wearing a t-shirt and some sweatpants, and even though Kirstie had her own clothes, she wore one of his hoodies with her jeans. All of them were barefoot, not seeing any need to wear shoes at the moment. Getting in so late, they accidently slept in, so Kevin was currently making them brunch while they helped with anything he needed.

"I've known ever since... 5th grade? No, 4th grade. Yeah, I remember it was 4th grade because I was taking a test and I was trying to remember the answer to one of the problems. I concentrated really hard and next thing I know, I'm back at my house watching myself study. Long story short, I got a B+ on that test when I knew I was gonna fail. 5th grade was when I mastered it." He explained, and Kirstie smiled.

"That sounds a lot like me when I was in school. When I first learned about my powers, I remember seeing what was on an exam and the answers I got wrong. Then I had time to study the material or remember the correct answer. I got an A on it but never did it again because I felt like I was cheating."

"Well when I did it, technically it was just like remembering what I studied. The only difference was that I could see the answers." He said with a smirk, and Kirstie rolled her eyes.

"Alright, enough you two." Kevin said with a chuckle.

"Oh come on Kevin, are you trying to tell us that you've never used your powers for your own personal gain?" Kirstie asked, putting a hand on her hip.

"No I have not." He replied, grabbing some orange juice from the fridge.

"Really? What about yesterday? You used your abilities against your professor." She smirked, and Avi looked confused.

"What happened yesterday with his professor?" He questioned.

"Can't you look into the past?" Kirstie asked, and he nodded.

"Yeah, but I don't feel like it. So come on, tell me what happened!!!" Avi said excitedly, and Kirstie started telling him the story.

Kevin rolled his eyes and continued making the brunch, ignoring their conversation. When Kirstie was done, Avi looked at Kevin in surprise.

"So you used your abilities to make your professor look like an idiot?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Hey, he made himself look like an idiot, I had nothing to do with that. All I did was correct the problems he got wrong, it just so happened to be all of them." Kevin replied with a shrug.

"Dude are you kidding? Do you know how many people in the world would love to show up their teachers?"

"Approximately 1 in 10 students will want to make their teacher look bad in some way. So if you go to a high school, then at least 23 kids would want their teachers to make mistakes." Kevin said matter of factly, and Avi and Kirstie stared at him.

"Wow, you weren't kidding when you said he was super smart." Avi told Kirstie.

"I know right? What are you, a robot?" She asked with a chuckle.

"No, I'm not a robot." Kevin replied, taking out some cups.

"Really? Because that's exactly what a robot would say!" She yelled hiding behind Avi, and Kevin rolled his eyes.

"Okay, let me ask you something. Would a robot make you a delicious brunch with your choice of waffles or pancakes?" He asked.

"They could if you programmed them properly." She said, peeking out from behind Avi.