Ch. 10 Questions and Confessions

(A/N Just so there's no confusion, Kirstie's thoughts will be in bold while Avi's thoughts will be italicized. If there's both, that means they're thinking the same thing. That's all, enjoy :3)

"So... what do you want to know about my strength?" He asked when we left the construction site.

"We'll get to that in a second, first I think we should introduce ourselves." Kevin said.

"That's Kevin, he's super smart and can read minds, that's Avi, he can see into the past, and I'm Kirstie and I can look in the future. That's about it, any questions?" I asked, after pointing to each of us.

He just stared at us with a blank expression. He continued to stare until he finally blinked a few times.

"You're joking right?"

"No, she's not joking. She's never been more serious, and trust me, she jokes around a lot." Avi told him with a smirk.

I glared at him for a second, sending the message that this wasn't the time.

"So you all have these... special powers, but what does that have to do with me?" Scott questioned, confused.

"We were hoping you'd join this little group of ours." Kevin admitted. "Your strength is magnificent, and would be a great asset to help us in the future."

"What do you mean I'd help in the future? Help with what? What exactly are you guys doing? Do you just spy on people, find out if they have powers, get them to join your group, and repeat the cycle? Also, what is this group even for? Did one of you just wake up and think, 'Oh I wanna stalk people and get them to join a random group of people with powers just for the fun of it'? Seriously, what do you guys think you're gonna accomplish by going around and asking random people to join some cult or whatever?" Scott asked, getting frustrated.

"Okay, first of all, this isn't a cult."  Avi said, slightly annoyed. "Second of all, we don't spy on people... Kirstie would make too much noise for us to spy on anyone."

I hit his arm and gave him another glare.

"I do not make noise! Plus, at least I don't wear combat boots that shake and stomp the ground just by walking in them." I shot back.

"Yeah well people would be able to smell your perfume a mile away. I'm surprised we didn't get caught in here from it."

"Excuse you but it's not perfume. It's lotion, get your facts right before you try to throw someone under the bus." I said crossing my arms.

"Will you two lovebirds please take a break from all the flirting? They're like this all the time." Kevin told Scott with an eyeroll.

'Flirting?! Why does everyone keep thinking we flirt with each other? I've barely known him her for a week!!!'

"Anyway, I guess I owe everyone an explanation." He said with a sigh. "You guys might want to sit down for this."

We all looked at each other for a moment before sitting down on the pile of steel beams. Kevin rubbed his hands on his pants and took a deep breath.

"Okay... well, I didn't really just wake up one day and decide to put a team like this together. I've been thinking about it for a long time actually. I almost didn't do this because of all the doubts I had."

"Oh come on, what doubts could you have had?" Avi asked.

"Basically everything that Scott was talking about, not knowing about the future, not knowing what the future holds, how people will react when they hear what we have to do, if they even wanted to join in the first place, if I could actually find people with powers, things like that."