Ch. 16 Can I Play?

(A/N Hey guys, thanks for being so patient! I had a bit of schoolwork and my uncle passed away the day after Christmas so that's why I've been gone. Anyway I'm feeling better and I've decided to write a longer chapter to make up for lost time. Enjoy!!!)

As they looked on with uncertainty about how things could go wrong, Mitch happily skipped over to the suspect's table. He was playing a card game with his friends and talking about some of the things they did that week.

"So how much did you get again?" One of his friends asked.

"About $300,000 dollars. Not bad for my first time eh?" His other friend bragged.

"O que você quer dizer? It wasn't your first time robbing um banco."

"Well yeah, but it was the first time the polícia got there in time to catch me. I barely got out of there alive." They admitted, and the other two laughed.

"Vergonha, we would've finally had some paz e quieto around here, and no one wants that right?" They said sarcastically.

"Tarde Carlos, Miguel, Derek." Mitch said, reaching their table, and they all looked up at him.

"Mitchell. O que você está fazendo aqui? Did your little namorado leave you alone again?" Derek asked, and they laughed as Mitch glared at them.

"Ele não é meu namorado, and no. I haven't even seen them in a while... I hope they're okay. Anyway, I was just hanging around and decided to stop by for a drink."

"Why? The nearest Starbucks is a few miles that way." Carlos said, pointing behind him.

"You know, every drink I get doesn't have to be Starbucks." He told them, and they laughed again.

"Oh man, the day I see you reject Starbucks is the day I let these perdedores beat me at my own game." Derek said, slamming his cards on the table to prove a point. "Full house!"

The others groaned and threw their cards on the floor, while he laughed and collected his winnings. Mitch bent down to help gather the cards together.

"Why did you have to come over here? You threw off my concentration!" Miguel complained, slumping in his seat.

"Eu sinto muito, it's not my fault you can't keep your eyes off me." Mitch responded with a wink, putting the cards back on the table and causing Derek to briefly glance at him. "Anyway, can I play?"

"No." They all said in unison, and Mitch pouted.

"Awe, por favor? It's been so long!"

"Don't care, you're not playing." Derek said gruffly, and Mitch sighed.

He was about to leave when he thought of an idea. He looked at all of them with an icy smile and leaned over the table.

"I guess that's fine. I'll just go out front and see if I can find Luis. Maybe he'll play with me." With that, he turned around and started to walk away.

Their heads snapped up at the mention of Luis, and they all jumped up and pulled him back to the table.

"Woah woah woah, we uh... we don't need to get Luis involved." Carlos said when they got back.

"Are you sure? Cause you know he'd love to hang out with you all." Mitch told them with an innocent smile.

Derek gave him a death glare.

"No wonder your name's Mitch, it rhymes with bitch."

"Well it's no wonder your name's Derek, it rhymes with barbaric." He countered, they engaged in a short glaring contest. "Me deixe jogar."