Ch. 53 Friends and Foes

A/N Sorry for the late update! I've had a few things going on and also couldn't get the second part of this chapter to flow properly. I figured it out though lol. Enjoy!

~*~*~

"That's crazy." Kirstie said, watching Kevin and Todrick take their supplies to the living room. "Can you imagine being friends with someone since you were kids? And not letting anything get between you?"

"I wouldn't know." Avi shrugged. "My parents were really strict when it came to the people we could hang out with. You saw that when you and Kevin came with me to get my stuff at their house."

"Yeah, how long has that been going on by the way?"

"Oh, they've always been overprotective like that. Yeah, ever since..." Avi trailed off, going quiet for a few seconds before clearing his throat and continuing. "Um, anyway, Scott! Did you have any childhood friends?"

"I had one, but she had to move away in middle school." He remembered sadly.

"Aww, what was she like?" Kirstie asked, and Scott started to smile again.

"She kinda reminded me of you, Kirstie."

"Really?"

"Actually, a combination of you and Mitch. She was really kind and sweet like you, but didn't mind breaking a nose or two for the people she cared about like Mitch... well, maybe just the fighting for Mitch."

"Wow, she sounds amazing."

"She was, and the bestest friend you could ask for. I was so sad when she told me she was moving away."

"Are you two still in touch?"

"Unfortunately, no. That was before either of us were allowed to have a cell phone. She gave me her new address and we wrote each other a lot when she moved, but then I had to move and the address got lost in the moving boxes. We still haven't found it."

"OOH! What if Avi found her for you?"

"What?" Avi and Scott asked in unison.

"Yeah, you can look into the past right? Maybe you can find his friend!"

"Um, well it's a little more complicated than that." Avi tried to explain. "I don't have enough control over my powers to pick a random event and see what happened. Most of my visions have been unexpected due to being in a certain place or touching a specific thing."

"What about when you found Todrick's grandma's TV?"

"That's different. All I had to do for that was see if any of the stuff in the dump belonged to Todrick or his family at some point. I was basically looking at random objects and following their past until I saw when they were thrown away."

"And what about that time we were at the airport?"

"Again, I was just looking at people and seeing what they did before they got there. I only had to see their immediate past, not go back several years. Sorry, Scott, but I don't think I'd be able to find her unless you actually had something of hers that you could give me. Not yet at least."

Scott thought for a few moments before sadly shaking his head.

"I can't think of anything right now. And even if I did have something of hers, it'd be at my parent's house. Besides, I doubt she even remembers me... it was so long ago."

"Well, if you remember her, I'm sure she remembers you." Kirstie smiled.

"Eh, I'm not so sure..." Scott mumbled. "I mean, she made an impact in my life, but... I'm not sure if I made an impact in hers."