Ch. 33 Ruckus

A/N OwO What's this? A dOuBLe uPDatE?!? I wanted to do a double since it's also that anniversary of Pentelements!!!! Which anniversary? *chuckles* That's up for debate. Anyway, enjoy this double cause you probably won't get another for a while lol.

~*~*~

After a while, Kevin came out of his now clean room and went downstairs to see how everyone was doing. When he got to the last step and looked in the kitchen, he saw Kirstie sweeping a bunch of crumbs into a pile and noticed Avi standing at the sink, washing dishes. Kevin was somewhat surprised, since the last time he saw Avi was when he had gotten the trash out of his room.

He turned his head and looked to see what was going on in the living room. There, he saw Scott wrapping up the cord of the vacuum cleaner, and Mitch was laying on the couch, relaxing. Confused, Kevin went into the living room to talk to Mitch. Before he could open his mouth, Scott intercepted him and asked him a question.

"Hey, Kevin. Where did you say to put the vacuum when I was done with it?"

"It's supposed to go in the closet downstairs, but you can leave it out. I need it to vacuum my room upstairs."

"Oh okay, want me to take it up for you?" He suggested, and Kevin nodded.

"If you don't mind, that'd be very helpful."

Scott smiled and picked up the vacuum cleaner, heading up the stairs as Kevin went to talk to Mitch. Mitch opened his eyes when he noticed something was blocking the sun and looked at Kevin.

"What?"

"Oh nothing, I was just wondering if there was a reason why you aren't doing the dishes?"

"Avi's doing them." Mitch told him, getting comfortable.

"I thought I told you to do them?"

"You did, but you also told me if anyone wanted to trade jobs with each other, they can. Avi wanted to do os pratos so, who am I to keep him from what he wants?"

"If what you're saying is true, then that means you have Avi's chores."

"Yep! I already took out the trash, and I wiped down all of the reflective surfaces. Since that's done, now I'm relaxing."

"Okay, well if you wiped down all of the reflective surfaces, would you mind telling me why that mirror over there is still dirty?" Kevin asked, gesturing to a mirror mounted on the opposite wall.

Mitch glanced at it and closed his eyes again.

"Fácil. I couldn't reach it."

"You couldn't-" Kevin stopped himself and took a deep breath. "You do know you could've gotten a chair, right?"

"Yeah, but I decided not to. Besides, the whole chair fiasco is what made everyone have to clean up in the first place. So I figured it was better to leave it alone than to start that up again."

Kevin just stared at him in disbelief for a few seconds before turning around and going into the kitchen. When he got there, Kirstie was looking for something in the closet and Avi was rinsing off the rest of the dishes.

"Hey, Kevin! Where do you keep the dustpan?" Kirstie asked when he walked in.

"It should be hanging on a hook near the aprons, but if it isn't there then it must've fallen behind the garbage bags." He told her.

She started looking again and came out a few seconds later.

"Found it! Thanks, Kev."

"No problem."