Ch. 48 Getting Ready

A/N This chapter was fun to write! Can anyone guess what's gonna happen in Chapter 50? Probably lol, but I wanna know what you think might happen. All I can say is, it's gonna be gooooood 😈 Enjoy! 😇

~*~*~

Mitch finally stopped his dancing and opened his eyes which were shining with amazement and love. He sat down and carefully took off his boots, putting them back in the box.

"Wanna see them?" He asked Todrick.

Todrick sat his coffee down and went into the living room to get a better view of the boots Mitch loved so much. Upon closer inspection, he decided that Mitch had a right to gush about them.

"Ooh, they look really nice. I wouldn't mind having a pair for myself."

"Well, too bad. These are mine, so paws off." Mitch said, snatching back the box.

Todrick could tell he was only somewhat serious. He was starting to notice the little things about Mitch. Like how he was only half glaring at him, or the way his mouth was curled up in a smirk. It seemed more like a playful challenge than an actual threat. Deciding to see if he was right, Todrick took a threatening step forward. It was followed by Mitch taking a step back.

"Don't." Mitch warned. His eyes still had the playful sparkle so Todrick took another step. Mitch took another step back. "Todrick, I'm serious."

'Oh, so that's how it's gonna be, huh?' Todrick thought to himself.

It was his turn to smirk as he started chasing Mitch around the living room. Mitch let out a small squeal as he ran from him. Variations of "Ah! No!" and "Stop! These are mine!" came from Mitch as he was chased around the room.  Suddenly, Mitch turned around and held a hand out in front of himself.

"Congelar!" He ordered, and Todrick stopped in his tracks.

As Mitch lightly caught his breath, he was thrown into a fit of giggles with Todrick chuckling along with him.

"Alright, I'll stop. Truce?"

"Fine, truce or whatever."

"But seriously, where did you get them? I might actually get me a pair."

"Doesn't matter, these were the last ones in the store and the place isn't getting another shipment until next year."

"Wow, it was lucky that you were able to get them."

"I know, right!"

Mitch paused and seemed to be going over something in his head. Todrick stayed silent as Mitch figured out what he was going to say. An entire minute passed before Mitch opened his mouth.

"Okay... I have an outfit upstairs that I put together to go with my boots and I need to get ready. But I don't want to leave my boots unattended... So, because you seem like the least accident prone... I've decided to make you watch my boots while I'm upstairs."

"You're asking me to watch your boots for you?"

"No, I'm telling you to." Mitch gave the boots a kiss before hesitantly giving them to Todrick. "So make sure no one touches them until I get back."

"I'm sure I can manage that."

"You'd better, or I'll smash your face in."

This time, Todrick could tell Mitch was being serious. He just nodded, not bothering to speak. Mitch gave him the threatening 'I'm watching you' signal before heading back upstairs. With a sigh, Todrick went back in the kitchen to finish his coffee. A few minutes later, Kevin joined him.