PROLOGUE

*3rd P.O.V.*

It was a beautiful day in Pasadena California. The sun was shining, a few clouds in the sky, and a slightly chilly wind was blowing through the air. It was the perfect morning for some people to start their day, even if they had to spend it inside a classroom. A young man was looking around the room he was in and noticed that almost everyone didn't want to be there, including the teacher.

He was droning on and on about some math equation and looked like he hadn't slept in days. The people around him were either working on something for another class, on their phones, or sleeping. He let out a soft chuckle and went back to looking out the window, and being lost in his daydreams. A few minutes later, he was rudely snapped back to reality.

"KEVIN!!!" Someone yelled and he jumped at the volume.

Looking around, he saw that everyone was doing what they were supposed to again, and a few kids who had to wake up were looking very grumpy. It was the last day of school and this was their last class, so he understood. He glanced up at the teacher and gave an innocent smile.

"Yes Mr. Wilson?" He asked, but got a glare in return.

He and his teacher weren't on the best of terms. You'll see why in a few seconds.

"Can you tell me how to solve the equations on the board?" Mr. Wilson questioned, and with a smirk, Kevin got up and went to the board.

Grabbing the chalk, he then started to solve the problems but stopped.

"Is something wrong, Kevin?" Mr. Wilson asked with a smug expression.

There was something wrong, the equations were too advanced for the class they were in and Mr. Wilson knew it. This was the kind of stuff that professors were taught, and he was pretty sure that other professors didn't make their students do these types of problems. However, Kevin had a trick up his sleeve.

"Actually, yes. Something is wrong." He replied.

"Is it because you were daydreaming? Maybe something wouldn't be wrong if you were paying attention to my lesson." Mr. Wilson said, which caused him to raise an eyebrow and chuckle.

(A/N Pretend this stuff is advanced. Give me a break I'm in Geometry and almost failed Algebra 2)

"Uh no, the thing that's wrong is the equations themselves. They're incorrect." He told him, then he picked up the chalk again and started fixing the work. "First of all you said that Pi was 4.38 instead of 3.14 which I don't know how you could mess up but okay. Next you set up the quadratic formula wrong. Your mistake after that was adding a triangle to make it look more complicated for us. You could've used tangent to solve it but you chose to do the Pythagorean Theorem. Then you didn't even do that correctly. You didn't take the square root of said incorrect number and don't even get me started on your graph." He said, and kept fixing stuff as he went along.

After a few minutes of people looking on in amazement, recording this on their phones, and Mr. Wilson looking like he was going to blow his top, Kevin finally finished all the equations on the board.

"As you can see Mr. Wilson, maybe if you weren't so worried about people paying attention to your lesson, then you could actually get the things you're trying to teach us correct." He said, and put the chalk down as the class started shouting because a student showed up a teacher.

The bell rang as he was putting the chalk back in the box, so he grabbed his bag and started packing up. When he was done, the rest of the class was already gone, but he didn't mind and slung his bag around his shoulder. He made his way out the door, pausing only for a moment to say:

"Have a good day Mr. Wilson." Then he left.

It was still really nice outside, so he decided to treat himself and get a coffee. As he was walking, a few people came up to congratulate him on educating Mr. Wilson. He just brushed it off as nothing but chuckled at the thought of people looking up to him because he corrected a teacher. Finally getting to a coffee shop, he ordered his drink, payed for it, and went outside to enjoy the sunshine he couldn't feel in the classroom.

This was what he was daydreaming about, just being able to relax for a little while. Kevin wasn't a bad student, actually he was one of the best students at that place. The problem between Kevin and Mr. Wilson was that Mr. Wilson didn't like to be corrected and Kevin didn't like bullshit. Sometimes Mr. Wilson's ego would make him do certain things, (like make people solve advanced problems), which would be bullshit to Kevin and he would do anything to stop or fix it.

When Kevin was little, his parents discovered that he had a special ability that made him able to absorb a lot of information quickly. Way faster than any other human being could ever imagine. Just by hearing a conversation between two people who spoke the same language, Kevin was able to figure out what they were saying, and sometimes even joined in the conversation.

He would ace all his tests because just by reading, learning, or seeing something once, he could master it in a few moments. Because of this, most people thought that Kevin had a photographic memory, but their opinions quickly changed when they saw him do things like what had happened in the classroom. He was able to figure out any outcome that could happen, plan things to a T, and sometimes predict what things would happen in life, all by simply thinking it through. He didn't like to toot his own horn often, but he deemed himself the smartest person on the planet. There was little that he didn't know and even littler of what he couldn't figure out.

He relaxed as he took the first sip and started preparing for his day, or what was left of it. His smarts intrigued him and they were one of the only things he couldn't figure out. Where did they come from? Was it genetics? If so, which genes did they come from? Was anyone else like him? Okay, the last one was a little silly because Kevin knew he wasn't the only one who had special abilities in the world.

It was then that he decided to start a search for others, the only problem was that he didn't know where to start looking. He doubted there were any people with powers in the area where he lived or else he would've noticed them. 'Maybe they're trying to keep themselves hidden.' He thought to himself, which made sense. He decided to stay for at least 1 more day to try and watch people carefully, since it was still very early and he could look for the remainder of the day.

By tomorrow afternoon, if no one showed any signs of having special abilities, then he would leave and try a different city. He knew that he couldn't stay in one spot for too long so he made a plan to only stay in different cities for 2 days before moving on. 'Hmm, the mall would be a good place for me to start. There are always lots of people there during the day.' He noted and finished his coffee. Adjusting his jacket to keep himself warm from the rare cool weather, he stood from his chair, threw away his now empty cup, and started walking to the mall to begin his search.

Somewhere else in the world, a girl who was tossing and turning in her sleep suddenly sat up with a gasp. Not wasting any time, she quickly hopped out of bed, grabbed a backpack, and started packing some clothes. She knew that she had to go somewhere to meet someone, but wasn't entirely sure who. She knew that she would figure it out later but she had to hurry, hopefully she wouldn't be too late. She grabbed her laptop and opened up Google in a new tab. The most important thing she needed right now, was to buy a ticket for the next plane to Pasadena, California.