Ch. 36 Are We There Yet?

Did somebody say DoUblE uPDatE?!?! Honestly I wanted to get both of these out a lot earlier but that obviously didn't happen lol. Let me explain myself! I was gonna finish this chapter and post them both, but then one of my friends on Insta said "Hey! You should watch this anime! It's called Haikyuu!! (<- 2 !! = GAYGAY) 😁'' and I was like "Meh, why not. I guess I could watch a few episodes." and next thing I knew two weeks had passed 😅 SORRY!!! Blame my friend!!! Anyway, ENJOY!!!!

~*~*~

"Alright everyone. I'm giving you all ten minutes to change into something comfortable while I call a cab." Kevin announced, taking out his phone. "Make sure you wear something you don't mind getting dirty."

Having given his instructions, Kevin made the phone call while everyone else disbanded around the house. Scott helped Todrick bring his bags to one of the rooms, and Todrick gushed about how strong he was. Mitch went into the room next door to look for a different top to wear, and Avi did the same, looking for some old shoes. After throwing away her trash, Kirstie went into her room to find new pants and shoes. A couple moments passed when she heard a knock on the open door.

"Ei, Kirstin. Can I borrow a top?" Mitch asked, leaning against the doorframe. "Mine are too cute to get dirty and Avi already said no... pedaço de merda."

"Are you saying my tops aren't cute enough to stay clean?" She challenged, and he looked her up and down.

"I mean... yeah."

"Wow, okay! Well first of all, fuck you. And secondly, since you said that, no you can't borrow a top."

"Ugh, fine. Since Avi'll be expecting it, I guess I'll just steal one of Stretch's when he's not looking." He groaned, rolling his eyes. Mitch was about to leave when something caught his attention. "What's that?"

Kirstie followed his gaze and saw he was looking at her snow globe, sitting on top of the room's dresser.

"Oh, do you like it? I got it before we met you in Puerto Rico." She explained, walking over to it and picking it up. Inside the snow globe was a frog sitting on a beach, playing the guitar. "I honestly don't know why I bought it, I guess it was one of my impulse purchases."

"But why a frog?"

"Dunno. But you have to admit, it does look pretty cute. Is a frog Puerto Rico's national animal?"

"Fuck if I know." He scoffed.

"You don't know Puerto Rico's national animal, and you've been living there how long?"

"Wouldn't you like to know."

That was all he said before he walked out.

"Okay then..." Kirstie huffed, and she put the snow globe back on the dresser.

A few minutes later, Mitch went back downstairs, where Kevin was just getting off the phone.

"Where are we going?" He asked him.

"Somewhere." Kevin replied, putting his phone back in his pocket.

"Can I know where somewhere is?"

"You'll know when we get there."

Mitch was quiet for several heartbeats before he spoke again.

"Veja, if you're planning on taking us to another police station-"

"I'm not, don't worry." Kevin told him, cutting him off. "Trust me, where we're going, I promise you'll be safe."

"Forgive me for having a hard time trusting you, but last time I did, you almost got me arrested. So wherever the hell we're going, it better be away from the police cause they're still after me, and that's the only reason I'm still here."