Ch. 8 Showing Avi & Sneaking Around

After Kevin and Kirstie got the food and drinks, they went back to the hotel room. When they opened the door, they saw Avi asleep on the bigger bed, snoring softly while the tv was playing a random movie.

"Um... Avi?" Kevin asked, and he was about to wake him up when Kirstie stepped in.

"I got this." She whispered, and sat the bag of food on the counter.

Grabbing a napkin, she opened the box and took out a rib. Then she walked over to the bed and dangled it over Avi's nose. He didn't move for a few seconds, but then he started sniffing the air and his eyes snapped open. Kirstie laughed and quickly moved so she wouldn't get any sauce on the bed.

"Morning sleepy head." She said, handing him the rib as he sat up. "Or should I say afternoon?"

"Hey... how long was I out?" He asked with a yawn, taking the rib.

"I couldn't tell you, we've been gone for a while and we don't know when you fell asleep." Kevin told him, sitting the drinks next to the bag of food.

Avi nodded and started munching away on the rib Kirstie gave him.

"By the way, Avi... You won't believe what we found out today!" She said, bouncing excitedly.

"What?" He asked sitting up a bit more.

Kevin was about to answer when a very loud commercial came on the tv. Kirstie quickly grabbed the remote and turned it off.

"Why was that so loud, and how did you sleep through it?" She questioned, amazed.

"I don't know, it wasn't like that when I fell asleep." Avi shrugged, and took another bite of the rib. "Anyway, what did you two find out today?"

"Take a guess." Kevin told him while making himself a plate of food.

'Take a guess? Ugh, am I gonna have to ask for a hint or something?'

"Okay... Does it have anything to do with the guy we're gonna meet today?"

"Um... kinda? I guess, we went to the site after we figured it out... would that count?" Kirstie asked, turning to Kevin.

"Not necessarily, but technically speaking it does have something to do with powers." He replied.

'Powers? Did one of them experience something? Forget this crap, I'm looking into the past.'

"No looking into the past either." Kevin said quickly.

Avi paused from eating and stared at him, shocked. Then he looked away and pouted.

'Dang it.'

"I know you're super smart and stuff, but how'd you know I was gonna do that? Also, how do you know I haven't done it already?" He questioned with a smirk.

"Instincts." Kirstie answered. "Besides, if you'd already done it, then you would know what we found out."

'Ugh, this is gonna take forever.'

"It won't take forever, promise." Kevin told him, sitting on a chair.

He sighed and stood up to throw away the bone of the rib.

"How'd you know what I was thinking? Did you read my mind or something?" Avi asked, jokingly.

He threw away the bone and realized he didn't get a response. Looking back at them, he saw that both of them were smirking at him.

"What?"

"Nothing." Kirstie said nonchalantly.

'Was it something I said?'