Ch. 46 Face Value

A/N Happy Valentine's Day!!! Y'all aren't ready for the story arc that's taking place over these next few chapters 😈 I made sure to space it out enough so the big finish would be on Chapter 50 😁 Anyway, enjoy!!!

~*~*~

A few hours later and the restaurant was finally done with the all you can eat egg breakfast. The last customers left and the doors closed and locked behind them. With everyone gone, the workers could finally relax for a bit before they had to clean up.

"That was... something." Todrick said with a huff. "I can see why you guys needed help."

"Thanks again, for all your help today." Jake smiled, wiping his forehead. "We definitely would've been swamped without you all."

"Thirty-five... thirty-six... thirty-seven... four hundred and thirty-eight dollars!" Mitch counted, slapping the money on a table. "Beat that, Kirstin!"

Kirstie shrugged and started counting her own money. Avi chuckled as he came out of the kitchen, stretching his leg.

"Are they counting their tips?" He asked, leaning against a table next to Kevin and Scott.

"Yeah, and I'm honestly surprised they were able to make that much." Kevin answered, amused.

"Four nineteen... four twenty... four twenty-one... four twenty-two... four hundred and twenty-three dollars."

"HA! In your face!" Mitch teased.

"Oh, shut up. You only beat me by fifteen bucks." She argued with a smirk. "Besides, if I was able to make this much without using a 'special talent', I wonder what that says about you."

"Excuse me?!"

"Alright!" Jake's boss clapped his hands, getting everyone's attention. "Firstly, I'd like to applaud everyone for working so hard. This month's all you can eat egg breakfast was an astounding success. And, of course, we couldn't have done it without our helpers!"

The employees all clapped for the group helping them out.

"Now, as I'm sure you already know, everyone who helped out gets a free meal, and if you served tables, you get to keep your tips." Several people whispered a 'yes!' as he continued. "The restaurant will be closed for two hours, for clean up and so everyone has time for breaks. So put in your meal orders and enjoy your time off."

When the boss finished his announcement, a few people immediately went to put in their orders while others held back. A half hour later, everyone had gotten their food and sat down to relax and enjoy the time they had left.

"Got any plans for the rest of the day?" Jake asked, sitting down with the group.

"Not really. This was all I wanted us to do today." Kevin responded, pausing to eat a french fry. "I'd say it was an overall success. Everyone can be free to do whatever they want now."

"Well, I don't know about y'all, but I think I'll go window shopping." Kirstie said with a stretch. "I'll see what I can buy without actually buying anything."

"I might join you." Mitch cut in. "I don't have anything better to do, and I think a nice walk would do me some good."

"What happened to how you felt earlier?" Todrick asked. "A few hours ago you were repulsed at the idea of walking a block to get here, and now you actually want to walk around?"

"Hey, a few hours ago, I didn't have my Starbucks and was forced to wake up early. Now that I've had my coffee and've been awake for a while, I have more energy to do things."