Ch. 25 Family Matters

A/N HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE!!! The last chapter I posted before I put this story on hold was on Thanksgiving. I was gonna post the previous chapter today but then Kevin got married and Scott had his birthday so it was a special occasion. ANYWAY!!! ENJOY THIS (kinda short) CHAPTER!!! I'll post again sometime next week. LOVE YOU!!!

~*~*~

After the whole first plate incident had been settled, the family was sitting around the table asking questions and catching up. Right now, the most popular topic was baby names for Lauren and Rob's unborn child. Things were actually going pretty good, everyone was giving random names and reasons behind them, and we had a few laughs along the way... that is until Dad asked what they were planning on naming the baby.

"I'm telling you, it's the most ridiculous name I've ever heard!" Lauren exclaimed.

"Can we at least know what he wants to name him before you start telling us how bad it is?" Lindsey asked.

"It's terrible. Go on Robert, tell them what you want to name the baby."

"Robert Jr." He said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Well, that doesn't sound too bad." Mom said genuinely.

"Yeah, but he wants to put the Jr. before our last name."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Why don't you tell them what you want his middle name to be." She told her husband. Robert looked a bit more embarrassed. "Go on."

He blushed a little before muttering out a response.

"Downey."

"Oh my god." Lindsey laughed, and Dad gave his nod of approval.

"Dad, Lindsey, no. This isn't funny. Don't encourage him." She scolded.

"You gotta admit, it's a little funny." I piped in.

"Babe, come on."

"Oh my gosh! We are not naming our child Robert Downey Jr.!" Lauren snapped.

"But he's a good actor!" Robert argued.

"I don't care! Our son will not be named after Iron Man."

"Technically, if he was named after Iron Man, then his name would be Tony Stark." Lindsey interrupted, and Lauren gave her a 'you're not helping' glare. "Just saying."

"Aww, come on Lure, I don't know why you're so against it."

"Yeah, I mean parents name their kids after famous people all the time!" Lindsey agreed.

"Says the girl named after a car company." Lauren jabbed, but it was ineffective.

"Listen, if you want an insult to sting, maybe you should try something I haven't heard before."

"Alright you two, that's enough. Why don't we change the topic?" Mom suggested.

"Well, I guess I could show you guys the project I've been working on." Lindsey tried, and Mom nodded.

"That'd be wonderful."

"I'll be right back. Dad, watch my food. Make sure no one takes anything." She instructed as she stood up.

"You can count on me." Dad assured her.

After giving us a warning glare, Lindsey walked out of the kitchen to get her project. Not even a few seconds had gone by when Dad took his fork and stole a piece of meat off Lindsey's plate.

"Dad!" I scolded, and he shrugged.

"What? She told me to keep you guys from stealing stuff. She never said I couldn't." He declared, quickly eating the evidence.