Ch. 5 Motel Madness

They were finally on their way to Seattle, and they couldn't be more excited. Now that they had convinced Avi's family to let him go with them, he had been very enthusiastic about what was to come.

"So Kirstie, tell me more about this person we're meeting in Seattle." Kevin said, as he was focusing on the road.

"Yeah! Is it a guy or a girl? I could actually care less about that but I'm so excited that I just want to know." Avi said, bouncing in his seat like a little kid.

Kirstie chuckled and rolled her eyes. "From what I could tell, we're meeting a tall guy with blonde hair. He was working at some kind of factory, but it was late at night."

"Do you have any idea on what his power might be?" Kevin asked, glancing at her for a second.

"I'm not entirely sure yet, but something tells me we'll know once we see him."

"Oh man, I'm so excited. I can't keep still!" Avi said, bouncing in his seat.

"We can see that. You look like a little kid." Kirstie told him with a laugh.

The drive continued with the guys asking questions, and Kirstie answering them the best way she could. It was starting to get dark after several miles, so they decided to stop at a quick motel. Once they were checked in, they went to their rooms and got settled. At 8:00, Avi's phone started ringing so he answered it.

"Hello?" He asked, and then he quickly took his phone away from his ear.

"AVI THERE YOU ARE!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME?!? I WAS WORRIED SICK!!! UNLESS THE CAR CRASHED YOU SHOULD'VE BEEN ABLE TO CALL ME YOUNG MAN!!! WHERE ARE YOU?!? YOU BETTER BE SOMEWHERE SAFE!!! IF THOSE TWO PEOPLE TOOK YOU SOMEWHERE DANGEROUS SO HELP ME I WILL-"

"MOM!!!! STOP!!!" Avi finally managed to yell. "Relax! I'm fine, I promise. We just stopped at a motel."

"FaceTime me."

"What?" His question was quickly answered as his phone started vibrating. He swiped accept on the call and saw his mother's worried face.

"Show me the room you're staying in!" She said sternly, and he awkwardly showed his phone around.

Kevin and Kirstie were chuckling as they got ready for bed, and Avi glared at them. Kevin cleared his throat before turning away from him, and Kirstie whistled innocently. He was finally finished showing off the room when his mom noticed something.

"Wait a second, are there only two beds?" She questioned, and Avi checked to see that there were indeed only two beds

"Uh... yeah, looks like there are." He told her, this whole thing was a bit uncomfortable for him.

"What are the sleeping arrangements?" She asked, and they all looked at each other.

"Um... we didn't really think about that. I think we were just gonna go to bed."

"Nonsense, go by the standard rules. Boys sleep in one bed while girls sleep in the other." She stated, and Kirstie smirked.

"Whelp, you heard the woman. Night boys." She said, then she quickly jumped on the bigger bed and started snoring obnoxiously.

Avi and Kevin glared at her. "Don't you think that since there's only one of you, you should get the smaller bed?" Kevin questioned, but she only 'snored' louder and they heard Avi's mom chuckle over the phone.

"Well I'll leave you guys to it. Be sure to check in with us the day after tomorrow. Everyone's gonna be busy tomorrow so we changed the time we were gonna talk." She explained.