Ch. 22 Survival Strategy

(A/N Guess who's alive! Are you guys mad? Don't worry I'd be mad too. Sorry for getting this out so late!!! I've decided to post this chapter in honor of Halloween and getting my phone back. Enjoy!!!)

~*~*~

"Why are they still after us?!" Kirstie whined.

"Yeah, I thought they would've stopped once we got in the airport." Avi agreed.

"No, they're still coming after us. They just won't be as reckless." Mitch told them.

"We have to do something. Mitch, you know them better than anyone, what do we do?" Kevin asked.

"Why are you asking me?! I don't know them that well!"

"Let me rephrase that. Out of the four of us, you know them the most." He explained, and Mitch sighed. "Is there anything we should know?"

"Alright. I don't know exactly what they're doing, but I'm pretty sure I can break down their danger levels."

"Like a video game?" Avi wondered, and Mitch glared at him.

"No, not like a video game. I'm talking about who we should really watch out for."

"Let me guess, Pablo?" Kevin assumed.

"Surprisingly no. If anything, he's the least of our worries. He already tried his bit and since it failed, he's probably only sticking around cause he's got nothing better to do."

"So we don't have to worry about him? But what if he catches us?" Avi challenged.

"He can easily turn a blind eye or go home if we give him enough greens." Mitch reassured, letting one of the money bundles show for a second.

"Well, that's good. So who should we look out for?" Kirstie asked.

"Definitely Miguel and Derek. They're tied at the top of the list. Miguel is pissed because I stole all the money he stole from the bank, an-"

"Wait a second. He stole the money from a bank? The same money you're using to get us on a plane?!" Kevin intervened.

"Yes, he stole it from a bank. O que, did you expect him to get this much by robbing a gas station? Come on man, keep up!" Mitch snapped.

Kevin glanced at Avi and Kirstie, who both had unsure looks on their faces. They decided they were too far ahead to turn back and allowed Mitch to continue.

"Como eu estava dizendo, Miguel's mad about the money and probably the bar fight too. As for Derek, I made him look like an idiot with the bar fight and sent Luis after him. Long story short, they both want me dead. That's probably why they asked Pablo to help."

"So they're at the top of the list and Pablo's at the bottom. What about the other one?" Kirstie pushed.

"Carlos is tricky. You never know what he's gonna do." He warned. "The only reason he goes along with everything the others say is because he's afraid of Derek."

"Who wouldn't be afraid of that guy?" Avi asked rhetorically.

"So let me see if I have this right." Kevin started. "Miguel and Derek are the ones out for blood, and there's no way we can get them off our backs."

"Não, as long as we're in Puerto Rico they're gonna come after us. That's why we're getting on a plane to the states."

"Okay, and if we bribe Pablo, he'll leave us alone."

"Certo." Mitch confirmed.

"And then there's Carlos, who only goes along with everyone because he's afraid of Derek."