Ch. 31 Test Drive

A/N Okay before y'all start yelling, let me inform you: I said I was gonna update on Tuesday. I never said which Tuesday ;) Sorry for making you guys wait, but I promise this chapter will be worth it. Love you and enjoy!

~*~*~

Scott reached for the doorbell, ready to ring it, but paused and looked at his hand.

'Don't break it, don't break it, don't break it, don't break it.'

He took another deep breath and put his finger on the button. Then he very slowly and carefully added pressure until he heard it ring inside the house. Removing his hand, he hesitated before gently knocking on the door.

"I'LL GET IT~!!!" A voice sang inside the house.

It was followed by other voices, muffled from the door. As he waited, he thought about ringing the doorbell again but decided not to. Instead, he pulled out the sticky note and checked it one more time. As he was looking it over, the door opened.

"Yes~? Can I help you?" A melodious voice asked.

Scott glanced at them and had to do a double take, feeling speechless.

Standing inside the doorway, was Mitch, wearing the frilly French maid's costume. Mitch was surprised as well, seeing a tall, good looking blond outside of the house. Realizing he hasn't answered his question, Mitch decided to use it as an excuse to stare at him. As Mitch looked at him expectantly, Scott blinked and took a small step back.

"I'm... sorry..." He briefly glanced at the address on the note again. "I... must have the wrong house."

Inside, Kirstie heard the familiar voice and hopped over to the stairs to see. She gasped and her face lit up.

"SCOTT!" She shouted happily, making him look up at her.

She jumped over the chair she was standing on and quickly slid down the banister. When she got to the bottom, she hopped off and landed on the rug next to Mitch. Avi looked over the railing and immediately called her out.

"Hey! You're on the floor! Kevin, she's on the floor!" He complained over his shoulder, causing Kirstie to look up at him.

She rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips.

"I am not on the floor. For your information, I am on a rug." She replied, rolling the r.

"The rug is on the floor genius." He shot back. Then he glanced at the taller man outside. "Oh hey, Scott."

Scott gave a small, shy wave.

"The chairs and couches are on the floor and I can stand on them." Kirstie challenged.

"The chairs and couches are elevated off the floor."

"You never said there had to be a specific height limit for what I can or cannot stand on. You just said I can't touch the floor, and right now, I'm technically not touching the floor." She declared with a small smirk.

Avi gave her a soft glare before turning to Kevin.

"Come on, Kev. Back me up here!"

"Normally I would, because everyone knows how to play 'the floor is lava'. But, since she makes such a sound argument, I'll let it slide this one time." He announced, making Kirstie cheer and Avi groan.

With a satisfied smirk, Kirstie turned back to Scott with a renewed excitement.

"Now that that's settled. Hi! Come in! I can't believe you're actually here! Well, I mean, I can because I saw it happen, but I didn't think you'd show up so soon!"