Ch. 58 Breathe

Hey y'all!!! MERRY CRISIS AND HAPPY HARDSHIPS 💕💕💕 Was gonna update a few days ago but decided to wait until today✨ Anyway, ENJOY!!!

~*~*~

"OH MY GOD, MITCH!!!"

"KEVIN IS HE OKAY?!"

"WHAT DO WE DO?!"

"HE JUST COLLAPSED!!!"

"WHAT HAPPENED?! WHY'D HE FAINT?!"

Those were just a few of the questions Kevin was bombarded with as he checked to make sure the charmer was alright. Tuning everyone out, Kevin was able to discover Mitch was out cold with a weak, steady pulse. He carefully moved him onto his couch and tuned back in to hear everyone debating if they should call an ambulance.

"No, we're not calling an ambulance." He told them. "Mitch just told us he had a run in with the police and now they know he's here."

"He wasn't shot was he?" Kirstie asked, concerned.

"Not that I know of, I didn't see any blood."

"Well, what do we do?" Avi wondered. "We can't just leave him like this."

Kevin checked over Mitch one more time before getting an idea.

"Don't worry. I know someone we can call."

~*~*~

Mitch found himself standing in the empty kitchen and looked around. It almost looked like no one had ever used it. That's when he noticed someone was hugging him from behind. Recognizing their presence again, he grabbed their arms and leaned into their touch. He wanted to talk, to yell, cry, scream, ask so many questions, but he knew if he did, it would be over.

So Mitch stood in silence, trying to sink further in the embrace until he couldn't take it anymore.

"Where are you?" He finally asked.

They leaned down and whispered in his ear,

"Wake up."

~*~*~

Mitch opened his eyes and immediately squinted at the bright light in the room. He noticed he was in a bed and heard a faint beeping sound as he started to look around. Taking in his surroundings, Mitch saw a person in a white lab coat writing something down on a clipboard. When they finished, they started walking towards him and reached out their hand.

The beeping sound quickly got faster and louder as Mitch exploded out of the bed.

"NÃO ME TOQUE!!!" He yelled, scrambling to get away from them.

They jumped back, startled for a second before trying to move closer again.

"NÃO!!! ME DEIXE EM PAZ!!!" The person tried to say something but Mitch wasn't listening, he had to get away. "FIQUE A PORRA LONGE DE MIM!!!"

He started climbing the structure behind him to put some distance between them and threw a random object in their direction.

"Quem é você? QUEM A PORRA É VOCÊ?!?!"

As he was freaking out, Kevin quickly ran into the room.

"WOAH, WOAH, WOAH!!! Hey, Mitch, it's okay!" He tried to reason, but Mitch was still going off. It took Kevin to physically stand between them until he was finally able to explain.

"Mitch, it's okay. This is my sister, Candace. She's not gonna hurt you, she's here to help. Okay? So just relax and climb down from... how did you even get up there?" He asked, looking at Mitch on top of his dresser.