Ch. 27 Shenanigans

*Kevin's P.O.V*

After the plane landed, everyone got off and we made our way over to the baggage claim to get our luggage. As we waited, I noticed Mitch was looking around nervously and kept a tight grip on Miguel's duffle bag.

"What are you so worried about?" I asked him.

"Eu não estou preocupado!" Mitch snapped, and I raised an eyebrow.

He glared at me for a few seconds before his eyes softened. Sighing, Mitch sat down on a bench and put Miguel's duffle bag into his lap.

"Okay fine, I guess I'm a little worried." He admitted. "I just keep expecting to see Derek or Miguel coming after us."

"Hey, don't worry about them. They're back in Puerto Rico. Besides, from what you've told me, you might've gotten Derek arrested." I assured him, and Mitch seemed to relax a little bit.

"Sim, you're probably right."

He didn't say anything else after that, and neither did I. I left him alone with his thoughts and turned my attention to Avi and Kirstie. They were messing around on the conveyor belt again, and this time they got yelled at. I chuckled as the two of them were scolded by a few people and I finally saw our luggage. I grabbed the bags and went over to their rescue.

"Excuse me," I said, interrupting the conversation. "I'm really sorry about my friends, but we have to go."

I grabbed Avi and Kirstie and brought them over by Mitch. Embarrassed, the two of them grabbed their suitcases and got ready to leave. Once I was sure they were situated, I turned to Mitch.

"Do you want to come with us, or is this where we part ways?" I asked him, and he stood up.

"I'm afraid this is where we must part ways. It's a shame cause I was really starting to like you guys. Ah bem, maybe we'll see each other again someday. Provavelmente não." He consoled with fake sadness.

Mitch got up and started walking towards one of the exits. As he was leaving, we all heard a conversation that a few TSA agents were having.

"Hey, make sure you keep an eye out. Apparently there was a robbery at a bank in Puerto Rico. Well, the guy who robbed the bank said he was robbed in the middle of the night. He seemed really pissed about it." One recalled.

Mitch heard them and froze.

"Let me guess, they thought they could get away by fleeing to the states." Another scoffed.

"I guess so. He's said to have gotten off a plane from Puerto Rico and is carrying a black and white duffle bag... Bet I can find him first." The other one said, and they argued amongst themselves.

As they argued, Mitch carefully made his way back to us.

"Você sabe o que, I've been thinking. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad to stay with you three a little while longer." He said quickly.

"Really?" Avi asked, not buying it.

"Yes really, now when can we leave?" Mitch snapped, and I chuckled.

"We can leave right now actually."

"Don't you need to rent a car or something?"

"Nope, we can take my own car. It's in the parking lot. It's been sitting there for a while." I explained.

Mitch was about to ask something else when he saw a few other TSA agents walking towards us. In a panic, he threw the duffle bag at Kirstie and grabbed my wrist.