Ch. 2 New Arrival

Arriving to the ticket booth, Kevin and Kirstie scanned all the movies that were playing that night.

"What movie do you want to watch?" Kevin asked and Kirstie shrugged.

"I don't know, they all look very interesting, it's gonna be hard to pick." She admitted.

Then Kevin got an idea.

"Why don't you look into the future and see what movie we watched?" He suggested and she bit her lip.

"I don't know, I've never really been able to do that. All the times I've seen into the future, I've been asleep."

"Precognitive dreams?!" Kevin asked surprised and not knowing what that was, Kirstie just shrugged. "Precognitive dreams are when you can see into the future in your dreams." He clarified.

"Oh, well then... I guess I do have procognative dreams."

"Precognitive." He corrected and she chuckled.

"Right, but I still don't know if I can do it at will."

"Well, one thing I learned is that practice makes perfect. You should try it anyway, the more you use your powers, the stronger they'll become." He said, and she nodded and closed her eyes.

A few minutes passed and nothing happened, so she tried harder and started to get a headache. As she concentrated, Kevin noticed that the faint glow around her got brighter. He studied it for a few moments and then it went away. Kirstie opened her eyes and looked at him with a huge grin on her face.

"Wow... That was amazing!" She exclaimed, obviously excited that it finally worked.

"What did you see?" He asked, she explained the process.

"I tried to think of how people in movies use their powers, but in some of them it's really complicated and you can't know exactly what they're doing. I just decided to do what was comfortable and after a little while, I got a feeling like I was flying through a tunnel. I started to get a headache- BUT THEN I OPENED MY EYES AND SAW US!!! We were at restaurant, I couldn't see the name but we were laughing about something." She exclaimed excitedly, and Kevin chuckled a bit.

"I overheard us talking about a part in a movie where a guy was rubbing his butt on someone's car. After that, I felt like I was being dragged away by something so I closed my eyes because I was getting dizzy. Then everything stopped, I opened my eyes, and I was here again. It was incredible Kevin, I still can't believe I can do this amazing thing!" She said bouncing on the balls of her feet.

He chuckled and looked at the board. "You said a guy was rubbing his butt on someone's car?" He asked and she nodded.

Quickly scanning the list of names, one name in particular stood out to him. Based on Kirstie's description, and a commercial he saw, this had to be the movie. He walked up to the booth, Kirstie following behind him curiously, and the lady inside asked him which movie he wanted to see.

"Two tickets for the Lego Batman Movie please." He said, taking out his wallet.

She nodded and started plugging things into the computer.

"Oh, Kevin I could've paid. You don't have to buy my ticket." Kirstie said, feeling a little guilty after he gave her the money.

"No it's okay. Really." He said, but he could still see that she was pretty upset. "How about this, I pay for the tickets and you pay for the popcorn and snacks. Then when we get to the restaurant, I'll pay for the meal and you'll pay for dessert. Deal?" He asked, and she smiled.

"Deal." She agreed, as the woman gave them their tickets.

They then walked to the snack bar and got a few necessities. After getting a small popcorn, two drinks, and some candy, Kirstie took out her wallet and happily paid. Then they went into the theater, found their seats, and waited for the movie to start.