Ch. 28 Truth or Dare

*3rd P.O.V.*

Everyone put their luggage in a room upstairs and then sat in the living room to play the game. After a few embarrassing truths and silly dares, they all had a pretty good idea of who they were going to be working with for a while. As they stopped laughing from a song that Kevin had to sing about chicken, Kirstie got an idea and quickly looked into the future. A couple moments later, she smirked, satisfied with what she saw.

"What are you smirking for?" Kevin quizzed.

"Nothing in particular." She responded slyly.

"Fine, truth or dare?"

"Hmm, truth."

"Tell us what you were smirking about." He repeated, and Kirstie playfully rolled her eyes.

"Didn't see that coming." She said sarcastically. "I just looked into the future and saw something amazing."

"Ooh, what was it?" Mitch asked, now curious.

"I'll tell you later."

"Why don't you just do it now? You were supposed to tell us what you were smirking about." Avi cut in, and she smirked again.

"I know, and I did. I looked into the future and saw something amazing. Kevin never said I had to elaborate on what I saw."

Avi pouted and looked to Kevin for help, but he just shrugged.

"What can I say? She's right."

"But that's not fair. That's gotta be cheating!" Avi complained, and Kevin thought for a second.

"Well if you really want, I guess we could make her take a punishment dare."

"Punição ousar?" Mitch repeated, confused.

"Yeah. In some versions of the game, if someone passes on a turn, then you're allowed to give them an appropriate dare that they can't refuse." Kevin explained, then he turned to Avi. "What do you think she should do?"

"Hmm, how about... you have to play 'The Floor is Lava' for the rest of the day."

Kirstie rolled her eyes and lifted her feet off the floor, now sitting cross-legged on the couch.

"Oh wow, that was so hard." She teased.

"Just you wait. It'll get more difficult." Avi promised, and she scoffed.

"Yeah right. Now truth or dare?"

"There's no way I'm spilling an embarrassing secret to you. Dare." He announced, and Kirstie grinned.

"I dare you to go upstairs and show us the most embarrassing thing in your suitcase." She challenged.

"Really? That's it?" Avi asked, somewhat surprised. "The worst thing I might find is either a 'dad' shirt or a pair of underwear that some moths decided to snack on."

"Just show us anyway."

He shrugged and went up the stairs. Once he was out of earshot, Kirstie went into a huge giggle fit.

"Que? What's so funny?" Mitch asked, wanting to get in on the secret.

"You know how Avi wanted to know what I was smirking about?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, you're about to see."

That's all she could say before she burst into another fit of giggles. Before Kevin or Mitch could question her further, Avi's voice was heard throughout the house.