Ch. 34 Welcome

A/N Hey y'all! Did you miss me? Sorry for the late update, 2 things happened. First, my grandma wouldn't give me any free time to write so this chapter took a lot longer, and second, I hit save instead of publish lol. Anyway, this chappy is longer as my way of apologizing :3 Love you all! Enjoy!

~*~Recap~*~

"If you do it wrong, I'm going to make you do it again." Kevin told him as he started heading upstairs.

"Que?! Even if it's clean?!"

"Yep. So you'd better do it right the first time."

He chuckled as he heard Mitch groan again and finished his trip up the stairs. Kevin quickly found the vacuum cleaner and started vacuuming all of the rooms. While he was doing that, Kirstie and Avi were chatting whilst drying and putting away the dishes, and Mitch continued to complain about being singled out just because of his power that he didn't even use. With all of the commotion in the house, Scott was the only one who heard the doorbell ring.

Deciding to be useful he went to the door, and carefully opened it to see who was outside.

~*~*~

When he opened the door, Scott saw a guy he had never seen before.

"Um, hello." Scott greeted.

"Hi! Is Kevin here?" The stranger asked.

"Uh yeah, he is. Come on in." He offered, and the man took a step forward, only to be stopped by Scott. "Oh wait! Or maybe... don't? Um, actually... just uh... um..."

They looked at him, confusion all over their face.

"...Wait here." Scott said, then he closed the door and ran upstairs.

He quickly found Kevin vacuuming one of the bedrooms and shouted to get his attention.

"KEVIN! SOMEONE'S AT THE DOOR FOR YOU!"

Kevin turned off the vacuum so he could hear him.

"What did you say?" He asked when the cleaning device powered down.

"I said someone's at the door for you." Scott repeated. "They're outside."

"Why didn't you let them in?"

"Well, I wasn't entirely sure if you knew this person or not. I mean, what if they're a hitman who's out for your blood? Or some crazy ex? I know I wouldn't be happy if a guest of mine let in someone who's been stalking me for like five months."

"That's an oddly specific number, but I appreciate your concern." Kevin told him, and Scott smiled. "I'll go see who this mystery guest is. Would you mind finishing up for me in here? I just have this room and the one next door that still need to be vacuumed."

"Sure! I can handle that."

Kevin gave Scott the vacuum cleaner and made his way downstairs. He was about halfway down when he heard the vacuum turn back on. Before Kevin went down the second pair of steps, he glanced in the living room and saw Mitch climbing off the chair.

"You missed a spot." He commented, then continued his journey.

He was already heading towards the door, so he didn't see Mitch turn to glare at him. Kevin did, however, hear his obnoxiously loud groan.

"If you can't do it right, you'll have to do it over." He called, then he reached the door.

"He sounds like a teacher." Kirstie chuckled to Avi.

Kevin heard but decided to ignore her. Remembering Scott's concern, Kevin quickly checked the peephole. Seeing the familiar face, he smiled and opened the door. The man was humming a random tune to himself when he noticed his friend.