Ch. 52 Explanation (Kevin/Todrick)

A/N WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I AM FREE FOR THE SUMMER BABY!!!!! I'm also SO SORRY this chapter took so long!!! Finals were a *beep* and I didn't have any time to work on this story 😭 Plus a bit of writer's block sprinkled in there for funsies... BUT I'M HERE NOW AND I HOPE I DIDN'T LEAVE YOU GUYS WAITING FOR TOO LONG!!!! ENJOY!!!!!

~*~*~

"Wow, I feel kinda bad for Mitch." Todrick said, throwing away Kevin's bag. "He looked really upset about it."

"Yeah, he was thinking about how he wished he hurt the guy more, in the car." Kevin told him, and Todrick blinked.

"He... what?"

"He was thinking about how he wished he hurt the guy more, in the car." Kevin repeated.

"How... do you know what he was thinking about?"

"Oh, I can read minds." He stated simply, and Todrick stared at him.

"You can... read minds?"

"Well, sometimes. It seems to come and go at random times, but yeah. Did I not tell you?"

"No! When did this happen?!" Todrick exclaimed, and Kevin chuckled.

"About three, almost four days ago? I just know it showed up the day before the others and I went to Puerto Rico."

"Can you read my mind?"

"I can't really control it right now, but I can try."

Kevin squinted and tried to focus on Todrick. For a while he didn't hear anything, then a whisper of Todrick's voice came through his head.

'-ead minds, right? What if he's reading my mind right now? Um... Betty Botter bought some butter, but she said the butter's bitter-'

"If I put it in my batter, it will make my batter bitter. But a bit of better butter will make my batter better." Kevin said out loud with a chuckle.

"So 'twas better Betty Botter bought a bit of better butter!" They finished in unison.

"That's amazing..." Todrick smiled, and Kirstie chuckled.

"Who is Betty Botter and why does she need so much butter?" She asked, putting some sliced cheese on the counter.

"Betty Botter's probably a baker who needs the butter for her batter." Kevin told her.

"But it can't be bitter butter?"

"The butter better not be bitter for her batter."

The two erupted in a fit of giggles. Once they calmed down, Todrick noticed Kevin had his thinking face on.

"What's up?" He asked, and Kevin looked at him carefully.

"How do you feel?"

"Whaddya mean?"

"About... all of this? About me being able to read your mind? About being surrounded by people who have powers while..."

"What, while I don't have any?" Todrick finished when Kevin trailed off. He gave a soft chuckle and thought about it. "Honestly? I feel fine about the whole thing."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I don't really care."

"You don't? You're not like... jealous or anything?" Kirstie questioned.

"Let me put it this way; I'm more fascinated about how you guys have powers and how they work for you than I am frustrated or upset that I don't have any." He explained, and Kevin smiled.