Research

While sitting down on a chair writing what I have just witnessed before my very empty eye sockets I truly wonder of what will happen if I were to inject a larger dose of Undead Essence to the young man.

My first thought of what would have happen was him slowly losing his Life Essence and turning him into an Undead however it does not seem to be the case, my second of course it was him being able to communicate with an Undead.

The reason I thought he would be able to is due to my many test experiments on many and many different types of creatures within this labryinth. Now then! what should I do with the young man?

I rest my left arm on my table and I begin to tap my skull with my right unconsciously.

The boy has indeed great potential just by looking at his soul and I can use him to also be the perfect test subject. On the other hand I feel as though I should just turn him into a useful rat to see what has happened for the past 3 years by using my Soul Wash syringe on him however I do not know if it will work.

Hmm, Quite the predicament.... Quite the predicament indeed!

Whichever I choose I will gain knowledge! And with it I come closer to my ultimate goal!!!

"Nghhhh...." ???

"Hm?" Sol.

As soon as I heard the sound I look back to see the woman Williams and his Wendigoes captured. The woman wore a purple robe, blonde and her eyes were brown. She was chained up specifically in my room for me. I glance around her body to see that all the wounds she's suffered has all healed up..

I suppose those healing potions the Adventurers brought from todays age has indeed been progressing quite well.

"Wha-" Woman.

"Ah! Good Day to you Madam! I am Th-" Sol.

In instinct she pulls her arm forward but was pulled back by the steel cuffs chained to the wall. She begins to chant a spell and a bright light begins to form on the palm of her left hand.

"FLASH!" Woman.

In an instant the bright light on her left hand exploded and fills the room with its blinding light which of course would kill any undead within the room. The light soon disappears from the room as all of the mana used from the spell faded.

"My my! What a rude first introduction that is! Although I have not given you an injection to understand me it is still quite rude" Sol.

"How in the- Flash!" Woman.

She then continuously cast flash at me while I was merely sitting on my chair with my green flames burning and my tophat perfectly stationed on my skull.

"H-how is it still?" Woman.

I open the drawer and grab my jar of Undead Essence. I thrust my syringe into the jar and I extract some of its contents but of course to be safe!! I extract the same amount of dose I gave to the boy.

I stand up from my chair and I approach the woman. Realizing that her magic doesn't affect me she struggles by pulling her arm repeatedly trying to break the chains and free herself as I come closer and closer until I was finally infront of her.

I lift her chin up exposing her neck completely.Last I didn't manage to inject the essence cleanly in to the blood vessels but the results were still satisfactory, now what would happen if I inject it cleanly now?

She struggles when she saw the needle was I thrust the needle to her skin and into her blood vessel and I inject the whole dose into her vessel.

Her pupils begins to expand a dark cyan colour begins to appear like cracks of a mirror on her neck.

Hmm, the symptoms are quite similar to the boy..... Minus the cracks however.

"Hello hello?" Sol.

"It can speak!?" Woman.

"Why of course! I've been able to since I was killed!" Sol.

I pull my chair and sat down with my legs  on top of each other.

"Now then! Tell me, what is your name?" Sol.

"What should I tell you anything!" Woman.

"Well you do not have to! I shall not force you to speak! However...." Sol.

The door infront of me slams open and a naked man deprived from his arms and legs is thrown into the room like a sack of meat, However the man was clearly still alive he Just passed out from the recent amputation.

"You madam! Will receive an amputee..... If you choose not t-"

"Ok! Ok!! I'll talk! My name is Erica Solimeas, I am an E-Rank adventurer and I work in the city just outside the Labryinth" Erica.

"Erica was it? Alright then, I am THE SPECTACULAR, MAGNIFICENT, MARVELOUS, AMAZING, ASTONISHING, SOL VAN HEIM!! and my first question! what is this city outside the Labryinth that you speak of?" Sol.

"Galan" Erica.

"Galan? Hmm, intresting" Sol.

So its been 3 years then... Well at the very least I won't need to worry about people being familiar with my outfit. Ah! I should probably ask her about how the war is going.

"How is the war with Elves and Demons? Its been a while ever since I heard what has been happening on the surface" Sol.

"Its going fine, Wait, surface? are you perhaps once human?" Erica.

"Why of course! But now I am an undead and what a blessing it is!! I don't need to be wary of laws, loans, bandits amd responsibilities! Moreover I can experiment anything I want without the need of permission from the High Nobles!" Sol.

"Even though your undead..... You should still have your morals as a human you bastard!" Erica.

"Well if you do not have anything to say other than insults I suppose we are done here" Sol.

I stand up, I walk towards the door beside me.

"Wait!" Erica.

"Hm?" Sol.

'You must be friends with those Wendigoes that attacked us right? since you're undead and all" Erica.

"They more of servants than friends but carry on" Sol.

"I know for a fact that wendigoes are blind so are you the one that ordered them to attack..." Erica.

"Absolutley..." Sol.

"I knew-" Erica.

"Not" Sol.

"It- wait what!?" Erica.

"I did not order them to attack you or your friends moreso I didn't even know about your whereabouts within the Labryinth until one of my wendigo servant informed me about the massacre and capture of your friends" Sol.

"Then... Then how did they attacked us!!? We were using magic to silent ourselves!!!" Erica.

"Simple really, I surgicaly gave them functioning eyes" Sol.

"While I am gone, make friends with that man would you? He has been quite lonely for the past 7 hours" Sol.

I open the door and warm candle light enters the room. I enter the room infront of me filled with naked and alive amputated Humans, Orcs, and HobGoblins chained onto the wall.

Now then..... Which one of you should get their eyes plucked first?