Log 12

Just as I was about to thrust the syringe's needle into its head, I hear a loud sound of shattered glass echoing from corridors, what was that?

"Hm, Did Wiliams accidentally broke something?"

Well I suppose undead can be clumsy at times but then again, might there be an intruder within our manor?

I doubt adventurers would have already arrived here this early and I also doubt that any of them are stupid enough to break into a noble's manor, it's punishable with execution!

"But then again, due to Galan being so empty and quiet, I suppose it is justifiable for them to act as such"

I thrust the needle into Joseph's new body and inject his soul extracts into it. Although I am curious as to what it is, I am no fool.

His flesh begins to bloat, his pale white eyes darkens with liquid rising from beneath his eyes sockets, and his whole body shakes uncontrollably, making the iron bindings I put on him to clatter loudly.

"So this is what happens when you inject an Undead's soul into living flesh... This is... Quite... FASCINATING!!!"

I wonder why its eyes darken? What happened to all the souls that inhabited the flesh? Will joseph still remember me?

Well the last one should obviously be yes! Who wouldn't remember the Spectacular, Amazing, Magnificent, Genius, and Marvelous Sol Van Heim!

"Gwarrgh..."

His 5 black eyes sprout out from his face like tentacles and begins to scan the bloody messed room he is in. They looked at the blood-dyed walls, the metal contraptions, and finally... Me.

"Welcome back from your 3rd death Joseph! I suspect that you are curious about your ne-

His chest suddenly opened, revealing his massive ribs I have assembled by using the other flesh slabs as ingredients. The massive ribs rips itself apart and fuse themselves into the edges of Joseph's opened chest.

"Fascinating... It disheartens me that you destroyed 4 hours of work BUT! I suppose in doing so yo-"

He lunges at me with his chest still wide open, startled, I take a step back only to have my skeletal right arm be eaten and ripped away from me by his mouth like chest.

"W-what are you doing Joseph! That is despi-"

He breaks free from the iron bindings binding him and kicks me opens his chest once again trying to take another piece at me.

I throw an Explode-O-Vial into his chest exploding from the inside splattering blood and organs all over the room. And just when I was about to applaud myself on my victory against him, the massive hole in his chest begins to regenerate faster than the spell "Heal" from [Healing Magic]!

"I-impossible! Undead can't heal!"

This is not fascinating at all I say! Not at all! It is terrifying!

I barge out of the room using my left skeletal arm and proceed to run as far away from the room as possible. How, how did it regenerate flesh!? Undead aren't supposed to be able to regenerate organic substances such as flesh from the body! Moreso regenerate one at that speed entirely!

No! I suppose it is possible due to his still living and functioning flesh! Yes that must be it! He is now technically alive so him being able to do just that is not out of the question!

I look behind me to see a blood red amalgamation of a hand grabbing the frame of the door, crushing it, and reveal his ugly head out with a smile as it sees me running, JOSEPH DOESN'T SMILE! HE NEVER SMILES!

Now that I have confirmed that that monstrosity is not Joseph, I can rule out the possibility of using my words to stop him. I need to find Williams and if luck has it, the possibility of an adventurer that had entered the manor to take it down!

*Thump* *Thump*

From behind me, I can hear loud footsteps followed by the sound of the manor walls being wrecked by the monster behind me. I look back to see his once flimsy long hands have now turned into a massive lump of flesh and meat that's destroying the manor's walls as it drags them while running straight at me, and he is running quite fast I say!!

Is this the power of an undead in possession of a living body!? This is outrageous I say!

I dash to my right into the door and crash into Williams who is feasting on the butler's flesh.

"Wiliams! Protect me from that abomination while I ready my Mana Sprayer!" I shouted as I immediately stand up and make a dash for the metal table stationed in front of the window.

As I grab I hear and feel an extremely loud crash behind me followed by growls and grunts from Wiliams and the monster. I wear the mana sprayer and try to straighten it up using my skeletal thigh as I try to activate it.

I turn back and see Williams being slammed up and down into the floor by the monster who has now grown to the size of a giant as he tries to grab a hold on to the monster's massive hand which is holding his right leg.

"Unholy Screeching!!!"

Wiliams rips open his leg quickly climbs the monster with his remaining limbs trying to reach the top of his head. As he reaches it, he bites down on it using his large and wide mouth, encasing his eyes making him blind... Hopefully.

"Williams you've done well! Now I shall vanquish this abomination and send it to Merphius!"

Just as I was about to activate my mana sprayer I forgot something very important... What was the chant for the Fireball spell again?

🎩

What the hell was that!?

While sneaking around this abandoned manor I just saw someone being chased by a giant monster with a grotesque body.

"Was I hallucinating? No it can't be, I definitely felt those loud thumps when it passed by the corridor in front of me"

Just when I thought getting ambushed by those crazy rabbits wasn't enough now I there's a giant here monster on the loose!?

"How crazy is this town!?" I whispered.

Wait, maybe I can take advantage of this situation. The guy that monster was chasing might have been the noble of this city. If it was him then he might just back up the guild whenever we're in trouble. Better yet, he might just reward me for saving his life with some gold coins or even a medal of honor!

"This is good, very good..." I mumbled while seeing myself swimming in riches, until... the realization kicks in.

"Wait... It's not that good actually, it's easier said than done!"

Now that I think about it, how am I suppose to take that thing down!? I only have a steel dagger and sword for gods sake and that thing is huge!

The best and least I could do is just grabbing its attention and running away to buy time for his escape, although that doesn't sound like a bad idea considering how fast and agile runner I am, but if I fail I'm dead meat.

"But being a thief means being brave enough to do risky things... Either way I'll encounter that monster one way or another"

And even if I don't...

I stand up and look out the window beside me. What lies outside were countless of those little devils staring at me from below, ready to nibble me to oblivion as soon as I get out of this manor.

"*sigh* persistent bastards"

Wait... Actually I have an idea.