Day 29.2

I cast Blessed Barrier and I pull out my greatshield and I sled down the stairs. This time I have a plan and I will kill that slime.

As I continue to sled down the stairs I spotted the Sludge Slime's white eyes glowing alone in the dark. It notices me and shoots a stream of poison directly at me. The poison drenches me in its foul smell and painful feeling making me fall and die on the ground.... Was what would have happen.

The me that the Sludge Slime had just shot at was a fake I created with mirage. I wasn't sledding down the stairs using my greatshield rather I was invisible the whole time my fake me was still alive. As of now I'm above the Sludge Slime.

Take this you piece of shit!

I cast [Storage Rift] and my greatshield pops out above my feet. I kick it down sending it crashing down onto the Sludge Slime from above. In order to block the greatshield's descend onto it, it continueosly shoot it with a stream of poison pushing it up.

Oh no you don't!

I activate [Brave] and kick my greatshield down as I landed on it making it fall onto the Sludge Slime making it explode splashing its poisonous body all over the staircase's hallway as I crush its core.

Unfortunately, I didn't leveled up as I killed it. Oh well, I guess ranks and stats aren't always everything that makes you strong in this world. Now.... To continue going down this stairway that I have absolutely no idea to where it will even take me.

I want to sled down with my greatshield to get down faster while also having fun but the traps such as pitfalls filled with spikes makes me think otherwise.

After finally being far enough away from the poisonous drenched stairs caused by the Sludge Slime's explosion I deactivated Bless Barrier and finally manage to breath out the fresh ai-

After deactivating Bless Barrier I'm welcomed by an unforgiving foul stench that's even worse than the smell of the rotten zombie corpses I've been eating. Dear god, it feels as if I'm in one of the Orcs pools of shit.

I quickly descend down the staircase to escape the Sludge Slime's terrible poison stench, Why didn't that thing smelled like this the first time?

I put aside my thoughts for now and continue to descend deeper.

Feeling bored just walking down the stairway I begin to scratch the walls with my claws out of sheer boredom making screeching sounds as if I'm scratching a school's blackborad with my nails making that awfully terrible sound and feeling that I regret ever creating.

Ah.... I'm kinda disappointed at myself for not being able to kill that slime the first time I encounter it. Its poison is pretty powerfull but I can't believe I beat that thing instantly just like that, worse it didn't made me level up meaning that thing is either a rank lower than me or its just plain out a small fry in this floor.

Then again it did had the Black Fourmis Bane title meaning that it killed a whole lot of Rusdy's brothers and sisters and it was almost reaching its level cap. I guess I shouldn't think so negative of myself but the fact that I let my guard down against it is just plain reckless of me.

Suddenly a I heard a sound..... Is that water?

I get close as quickly as possible to the where the sound is coming from and I begin to see Light shining in from deep down the stairway. Excited as I am I ignore the feeling of possible traps lying on the stairway and trip on a wire almost getting myself impaled by bolts shot from the walls, okay maybe I should tone down my excitement a little.

I continue to walk down as quickly and cautiously as I can arrive at where the light is coming from.

Ok....  Now this is just straight up insane at this point.

As I enter the place where the sound of water is coming from I witness a an insanely large stream of water falling down to the foggy deep below. Around the large stream of water is a spiral of stairs leading both up and down, the stairs leading both up and down doesn't have any railings or anything to hold on to.

One wrong step and I'm off down to the foggy oblivion below me, well its not exactly an oblivion since I can still hear the sound of water splashing from deep below.

And as soon as I said that I hear loud squeaking noises echoing throughout the pit I'm in. I look around and see a dark pitch black swarm flying around above the pit, what... are those?

I can't really clearly see what those things since they're very far up above. Unless I get closer I won't now what they are, and I can't exactly just use [Appraisal] since they're out of its range.

Maybe they're harmless. I mean they're not coming to attack me so they are harmless, right?

I stare at the pitch black swarm flying around the stream of water for a few seconds and finally decided that they are harmless.

Lets see... Should I go down or up?

If were to go up I would need to deal with them up there and this stairs really isn't an ideal spot to fight on. On the other hand I could go down and see whats below the fog however I don't know if there will be anyting endangering my life down there.

To summarize my choice would be like:

[Up: Risk of maybe the black swarm attacking]

or

[Down: Risk of the unknown]

Hmm.... Yeah, I rather go down there than risking being attacked and fall to my doom. Some idiots would think that falling to water is the same as falling into a pillow but the truth its the same as falling to concrete so..... I'm not risking it.

As I look down I notice something else in my mind... I have acrophobia, shit.

As I descend slowly and very cautiously I'm greeted by the feeling that will fall off and I will die and more. Goddamit! its because of Neo that I got this stupid phobia now!

I've never been afraid of heights but ever since I keep falling to the endless void and waking up it really made me fear heights.

♦️

"You fear heights now? Neat" Neo.

♦️

Well at least he's polite enough to not give me the same experience today, but still I really hate the way he just leaves and makes me fall just to make me wake up.

As I slowly and carefully descend down the spiral of stairs closer to the fog feel a bit hotter now, not in a sexual way its just is the air getting hotter and hotter the more I descend?

As my body touches the fog I feel my body being cooled down the fresh tiny water droplets the fog has. I get that in a fantasy world almost anything can happen but this much drastic change is unheard of even from all of the fantasy animes I've watch.

This fog is really thick, and how deep does it go?

I continue to walkdown the stairs even more carefully since I can't exactly see very inside this thick fog. Finally I then feel my feet freed from the fog meaning this is the end of the fogs reach.

As my body passes through and out of the fog I witness what seems to probably be the entrance to the18th floor, a simple worndown wooden door. From all of my life experience of watching movies, animes, and cartoons there will always be one goddamn thing you must never do, and that is to open and walk through the wooden door.

Welp, time to go in.