Log 22, An Offer

Bickering and shouting echoed throughout the hall as Nobles and Royals bicker at each other regarding the shortage of supplies the Pale Face plague has caused them.

"The shortage of food and water is far more important than damnable supplies for postponed war!" A noble shouted, trying to convince the royals.

"True as that maybe, our days of peace with the elves are still numbered, I have yet to receive a report about them also being affected by the plague" One of the royals said.

Both royals and nobles continue to bicker whilst the king stays silent, listening to them talk and shout over and over for hours.

The plague affecting The Kingdom Osmos has staled food production by wilting all of their yearly crops and turning both cattle and farmers into rotten mush of slabs within days.

Their rivers and lakes have also been polluted by the plague, turning them black as tar and sticky like one.

The kingdom had enforced an order for mages, alchemists, and priests to combat the horrifying plague in order to eradicate it as quickly as possible.

At first it was but a nuisance within the ongoing war with elves, now it was a threat far greater than them. The properties of the plague was as dangerous as it was mysterious.

Unlike other diseases where mages and priests could just cure with simple healing magic, what their spells did to the afflicted did the opposite of curing them.

It worsened them by rapidly accelerating the progression of the afflicted turning into a mush of flesh and blood. Holy magic performed by priests to cure the disease burns the afflicted instead whilst providing them with immense pain from the inside.

Worst, there are cases where the disease explodes the afflicted's head, spreading their influence further and further.

The king mumbles to himself "Why must it happen now of all times?" As he touches his forehead, looking more stressed than ever.

Out of nowhere the doors leading to the conference hall barges open infront of the King and all of the Royals and Nobles. A courier well dressed in uniform, hurries inside in a panic holding a piece of paper on his hands.

"Apologies for the sudden intrusion! b-but we have received message from... From-"

"From where?" The king finally talked, turning the hall silent as everyone sits back down.

"From the City Of Order my Majesty!" The Courier finally said.

Everyone within the conference hall including the King showed nothing but surprise on their faces.

The King had thought, that the message came from the Elven Kingdom thinking that both of them were on the same boat. He didn't expected a message coming from the City Of Order.

"What does it say?" The king asks, curious as to what reason would the City send a message to Osmos.

"It-it says that..."

"Make it short and simple" one of the nobles said.

"It says that they have a means- no, I mean a cure to the plague!" Said the courier with a small hint of smile.

"A cure!?" Said the king as he rose from his throne in shock.

"And it says that they are willing to sell it to us if we are willing to follow their laws and give them the city of Junos"

As soon as the word Law left his lips, the hall became quiet not even a slight whisper escape anyone's breath when they heard the word.

Both Royals and Nobles turned pale as jf they were infected by the disease even though they were not. Even the King, slightly shook in fear when he heard the word.