Chapter 5, Reincarnates

"So you're a labyrinthian? Well, sort of explains some things then"

After he calmed down, I freed him from his seat and explained to him about how I came from the labyrinth via being shit out of it.

Like what exactly?

"Eh.. erm, are you one of'em Reincarnate folks?" He said.

I stared at him blankly, my eyes were as dead as a fish's, my whole body frozen in position as what feels like my soul is leaving my body to the outrageous question his beardy mouth spat at my face.

Um, What?

"You know, Reincarnate, dead guy gets another chance and gets reborn as whatever" He said nonchalantly as if reincarnating is common knowledge.

I can't... I can't believe this guy! If what he's saying is true then is reincarnating really not that big of a deal in this world!?

To be fair, my knowledge of reincarnation through manga and manhwas has always been that reincarnation is something so insane that it got a king who reincarnated as a kid get slapped in the face by his supposed-mother when he revealed it.

It's taboo for me and for everyone, not to mention there being a mad skeleton alchemist walking around the labyrinth.

I don't know what sorts of experiments he'd want me to go help him if I revealed to him that I was reincarnated.

And here's this old midget asking me as if it's something normal!

W-what makes you think I'm a reincarante?

"Well for one, you're the first person who's not dwarf that can speak my language as well as I am" He said.

His reply hit me like a truck till I realize that everyone I've met since coming here speaks my language for some reason.

I didn't even bothered thinking why I could even understand them in the first place.

Well minus the other monsters... why didn't I even realize this fact!?

Oh aha, um yeah, well I-uh, I'm just fluent in Dwarvish!

"The hell is Dwarvish? So you really're a reincarnate HAHA!"

FUCK!

"Ha! You Reincarnates're all same! Always hidin about being one"

I let go of my breath and stared at him coldly, unconsciously I activated [Fear Gaze].

Yeah yeah, but since you know about me being one...

I cast [Summon Claws] and long black karambit shape claws protrude from my hand.

His once already calm complexion turned sour and his skin paler. His eyes were shaking in fear and sweat streamed down from below his rough beard.

I lay my index finger below his chin and stare at him dead in the eye.

..I really don't see the need of keeping you alive now...

"D-don't! Wait! Wait! I ain't going to anyone, I swear!" He said, some tint of blood were visible on his molars, presumably caused by him biting his cheek.

How do I know that's not some despereate plea instead of a sincere promise?

"I really won't! I swear on my beard!"

Uhh... Okay then...

I don't know what he meant by swearing on his beard, but judging by the milion internet memes I've seen, that has to be the most sacred Dwarf thing any Dwarf can do.