Log 20, Order

When the giant boulder somehow shattered to dust and smithereens, I snap back to reality and stopped marveling at the scene that had ended.

Right now, I'm not too far away from the city, but I set up camp to rest my legs since I've been carrying my sister, Kana, for so long.

By setting up camp I mean by gently putting Kana down and dropping the rug sack I've been dragging all this time.

Although I haven't eaten for days, somehow I've been getting stronger and stronger and I feel less and less tired as days go by. I don't know what that bastard did to me but it's helping me at the very least.

The only thing that peeves me off is the light from the sun, every time it shows itself I feel weaker and weaker but not to the extent that I would die from it.

It feels like I've contracted a cold or something that every time it showers me with its light.

I sit down and untie the rug sack, bringing out the bastard's book, and started reading.

I can't read well but I can sort of understand what the book says thanks to Kana teaching me a while back.

As I was reading I repeatedly look back at my sister's lifeless corpse. Her skin has started to rot, her empty eye sockets attracting insects and small flies all around.

"I wish that... I wish it didn't have to be this way..." I muttered with tears welling up by the edges of my eyes.

I hope the story about the Servant Of Order being able to do anything even bringing back the dead is true. If not then I'll track that bastard down and crush every bone he has till there's nothing but dust.

I'll make sure you go back to Merphius.

🕯️

As night finally falls I pack up my things, not exactly mine but it might as well be, and set off to the City Of Order.

The city doesn't really have a name if I recall from Mr.Jugo. Everyone in the world just calls it the City Of Order since well... The city is chuck full with order.

Crimes happening there like slavery, illegal brews, corruption, and even bribery is close to zero. The only thing that kept it from reaching zero are the bandits who live down in their sewer system.

The city is located on a massive chunk of land which is surrounded in a circle by a lake that leads to the never-ending sea, Corantina.

The walls guarding the city are told to be impenetrable as well as destructive due to the thousands upon thousands of ballistas station as well as odd-looking machinery with a long iron tube called canons.

Despite its size, every country feared it not only for its defensive capabilities but also for its offensive one. The soldiers or their so called Order Knights pose a significant threat due to their amazing prowess in both intelligence and combat.

Before the city was feared, everyone mocked it for being a super strict Popedome that upholds order above everything else, even other religions.

One of the major powers, the Popedome of Peperectus, declared that the city is filled with heretics and must be cleansed at once. All other countries of course knew that the popedome's goal wasn't to cleanse it, but to take it as its own.

The other major powers however, don't see this as too much of a threat.

There was little to gain from preventing Peperectus' so called cleansing, since the city never showed any value other than its aesthetically grandiose appearance from the outside.