Log 16

After we left Galan in a burning ruin, we immediately depart to The Holy City Falna in a train of 7 carriages painted black as void pulled by horses.

Although I could use my Anti-Light potion to neglect the shine of sunlight, I rather save them for more important matters than travel.

It also saves me from the process of making more of them which are long and tedious.

Out of all the cities the Assassins Guild could have chosen for their bloody nest, I am honestly bewildered by this discovery.

Despite its name suggest, the city is an utter nightmare! Everyone and everything there are all under the thumb of the pope, not even the noble house that owns the city could even dream of controlling them.

Although corruption and discrimination there are non-existent, the fact that everyone must donate to the church once a week for the excuse of "For the poor" is ludicrous!

They do not use that money for the goodness of the poor, they use that money to make riots made out of the poor to scare the noble that owns the city.

Not only have they chosen the worst city in the kingdom, but they also chose the one which is littered with zealots who would kindly smite me back to the afterlife! How infuriating!

"But... It is odd..." I muttered, I ticking my skull.

Why haven't they been found out?

Rather, why haven't there been any rumors regarding the assassins living within such holy a city?

Surely the pope would never tolerate cutthroats living in their holy city, unless.. that pope has somehow become corrupt!

"Hmm... But he would have already been hanged if that were to happen hmm... Or maybe even burned to a crisp by his own god no less..."

"Kaa! KAA!"

Hearing the familiar squawking, I cover my skeletal hands with leather gloves and slightly open the carriage's curtains on the back just enough to let Vilna my Blood Raven scout in.

"You've return, have you spotted any adventurers or merchant caravans moving towards us?"

"Kaa.."

"None? Odd..."

I ordered Vilna to scout the grassy plains around us for any potential threats yet there seems to be none... How odd indeed...

I'm quite sure that the inactiveness of Galan would cause nearby villages or even escorts from neighboring cities to check the city's situation.

Especially since the nobles of Galan are now part of the piles of barely alive test subjects in the 3rd carriage behind mine.

Perhaps the other cities are still not fully aware yet of Galan's dormant state?

"Hmm..." I ponder.

Bah! I'll just assume that they are too occupied with the war, there's no use pondering more about it.

"What I should ponder about is..."

I take out a syringe filled with green fluid, Joseph's fluid to be exact.

After burning the amalgamation to a crisp and feeding them to Roberto and his family, I manage to extract some of Joseph's soul back into the syringe... Some of his soul that is...

And the rest were a mish-mash of what seems to be the souls that once inhabit the amalgamation, a soul made of many souls.

Perhaps the addition of Joseph's soul into a vessel that had already housed a soul caused a sort of awakening?