Log 24, Mistakes Were Made

The skies bright as day, the 3rd sun shining as brilliantly as ever, and the groaning of tens of thousands of Flesh Slab begging for mercy.

Asking for the sweet release of death... What a wonderful feeling that would be for them... Yet a terrible fate it would be for me!

I slam both my hands on the table.

"Two hundred and ten thousand be damned! I shall not stand to be damned for thousands of years for this catastrophic oopsie!" I yelled in frustration.

This is stupid I say! Idiotic I say! Ridiculous I demand!

How has it that I have infected hundreds of thousands of people within the first few days of my independence from the Labyrinth!

"If this is the case then the Assassin's Guild would be untouchable! My vengeance of justice, so close, so near, yet now it is so far and high!"

My situation truly isn't a great one, it is the most miserable situation for any undead that has ever made their mark in history.

As an Undead, there are 2 things that one must be aware of, the first being that undead are not necessarily evil by any sense of the word regardless of the holy teachings taught in churches.

The second would be that we have a death toll consequence, The more we murder or kill the greater the consequence would be.

And dare I say it is not most pleasant.

After an undead such as I, am free from the grudge or the wanting feeling we strongly harbor.

We shall be cleansed by the Beast Of Death Null, and be pulled back to the Blight Lands where my soul became that of an undead.

The number of lives we have taken during the said time would be used as a measure for how many years we would be bound to the Blight Lands.

After the sentence is over, we are given the choice to finally rest eternally under the care of Null or return to becoming an undead once more, which isn't unusual by any means for undead who still retain their intelligence after death.

This is the very reason why Liches rarely commit mass omnicide upon the living, I even asked a Lich once and she only killed 56 people despite having the ability raze an entire city into nothing but ash!

"Blast I say! Although I knew the infected in Galan would grant me a substantial amount of toll, which I was brave enough to take in, had I predicted that it would have caused a chain reaction then I wouldn't have done so in the first place!"

"BLAST I SA- Hmm... But wait... The toll will only grow if I take a life..."

Solasthemia may have turned them to mushy flesh. However, their soul are still intact, which means they are technically still alive, yes?

But if that is so then... Wouldn't that mean that I have yet to increased my death toll during Galan?

Well the elf warrior is an exception HOWEVER! wouldn't that mean I have managed to exploit the laws given to the dead!?

"Hmm, no... I... Yes, I do not wish to take any chances. Perhaps it is time for me to once more be what an Alchemist was supposed to do rather than modifying corpses, I suppose it is time for me to research a way to cure the very plague I have created"

Hopefully I don't die before completing it.

🕯️

Let's see what we have in stock.

After deciding on my newest objective, I decide that it is imperative for me to find a way to cure the flesh slabs without killing them accidentally, I wouldn't want to add more to the toll.