Chapter 1, Scorching

The clinking of my chain blades echoed throughout the forest. I ambush a brown ape from a bush nearby and clash with it.

I managed to deal a wound him severely by having my blades etched into his abdomen during the ambush, but of course that wouldn't take him down.

I whip my chains at his feet and he leaps at me. I follow suit and leap back and whip at his distorted face which was was baring its fangs at me.

I stab its eyes, immediately after I dispell my whip and cast [Summon Claws]. Sharp karambit curved claws formed around my hand and I thrust them into the Brown ape's face.

Knowing full well this won't kill him I imagine my claws twist into a drill and it does so as thought, a trick I figured out after experimenting with [Summon Whip].

The ape lost all its vigor and finally died at last, and the final one at that.

I hunted the Brown apes down every single night and although it feels like they always grow in number no matter what I do, this guy should be the last one.

I increased the output I use on [Danger Sense] and saw very little dots appearing on my mind map. I'm guessing the dots are either the peacocks or the lizards.

Regardless, I'm will kill every single bird, ape, and lizard alive in here.

Plus, because of them I managed to raise my [Enhanced Slash] to level 3, it levels so slowly that it's great to have it level up without even realizing.

Apparently some whip attacks, especially with my chain blades counts as slashes.

After killing a few peacocks and lizard and feeling tired I decided to call it a day and just rest back in my hole. I've gotten so used to fighting in this forest that I don't know how free I'll be when I fight in another damp cave this labyrinth mostly have.

No more trees and vines holding me back when running and moving around, just corridors upon cave corridors, a perfect place for me to fight and have more control over.

Somehow, remembering the those things made me feel chilly for some reason.

No wait, isn't it getting a bit cold here?

As I exhale I saw my breath almost visible with my eyes, what the hell?

I crawl out of my hole to survey my surroundings and saw nothing out of the ordinary. Why is the air suddenly cold here?

Out of nowhere a droplet of snow fell on on my head. Before I could react I feel its intense chill burn my skin. I swat it of from my head immediately and feel a sense of relief that it was off me.

I heard that snow certain temperatures when touched can feel like burning when touched, I never thought it was that painful!

I look above me and saw the ceiling starting to freeze as roots of ice form all over it. Droplets of snow starts to drip down from small stalactites of ice which are forming from the ceiling.

What the hell!? Why is snow suddenly appearing here!?

The only place I know where there's snow is the 16th floor where Rusdy is. So why in hell is there ice and snow coming from the ceiling!?

It's colder than what [Cold Resistance] can even deal with. The areas of my body that touched the droplets went pale and bluish... It's almost an instant frostbite reaction just from a single droplet of it.